Any way to hide timezone from dashboard columns?

Moderator: crythias

lido
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.5

Any way to hide timezone from dashboard columns?

Post by lido »

Hi there,

Using otrs v6, is there any way to hide the timezone that get's displayed after the "created" or "changed" columns? (see attached screenshot)
otrsforum.jpg
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Any way to hide timezone from dashboard columns?

Post by jojo »

no
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
lido
Znuny newbie

Post by lido »

Ok.
But still, I assume that at some point the timezone gets appended to the create_time field to generate that column so one could potentially edit the source file to remove the timezone from there or even use some other string functions to strip it out. Ideally one would leave it on the html title parameter and leave it out of the actual innerhtml so it would still be visible on mouseover but not take too much space on the table's column.
Unfortunately I couldn't find out in which source file that takes place. Any hints?

The timezone improvements on otrs6 are great, but for single timezone systems, it's very superfluous and takes a good deal of screen real-estate to have it displayed after every created and changed dates.
Thanks
lido
Znuny newbie

Post by lido »

Replying to my own question here for completion in case anybody else ever searches for the same thing.

The Timezone gets appended to the datetime fields on Kernel/Language.pm