Upgrade OTRS from 5.0.23 to 6.0.1 Error:Unable to migrate Ticket::StorageModule

Moderator: crythias

Yassine
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.023

Upgrade OTRS from 5.0.23 to 6.0.1 Error:Unable to migrate Ticket::StorageModule

Post by Yassine »

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade OTRS from 5.0.23 to 6.0.1, and I am getting the following error message:

Step 10 of 37: Migrating ticket storage configuration ...
[Mon Dec 4 15:16:42 2017] DBUpdate-to-6.pl: Use of uninitialized value $DefaultSetting{"Name"} in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/SysConfig/DB.pm line 1367.
ERROR: OTRS-otrs.Console.pl-Maint::Database::Check-10 Perl: 5.18.2 OS: linux Time: Mon Dec 4 15:16:42 2017

Message: Setting Ticket::Article::Backend::MIMEBase::ArticleStorage does not exists!

Traceback (16932):
Module: Kernel::System::SysConfig::SettingUpdate Line: 460
Module: scripts::DBUpdateTo6::MigrateTicketStorageModule::Run Line: 59
Module: scripts::DBUpdateTo6::_ExecuteComponent Line: 157
Module: scripts::DBUpdateTo6::Run Line: 69
Module: scripts/DBUpdate-to-6.pl Line: 89

Error:Unable to migrate Ticket::StorageModule.

Not possible to complete migration, check previous messages for more information.

I have tried then to force the storage to FS, but unsuccessfully

otrs@otrs:~$ bin/otrs.Console.pl Admin::Article::StorageSwitch --target ArticleStorageFS
Error: Can't locate object method "new" via package "Kernel::System::Ticket::ArticleSearchIndex::RuntimeDB" at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/ObjectManager.pm line 306

Any idea please?
Thx
Bernie29A
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.8

Re: Upgrade OTRS from 5.0.23 to 6.0.1 Error:Unable to migrate Ticket::StorageModule

Post by Bernie29A »

Any news on this one? I'm stuck with the same error ...
OTRS 3.2.8 - MySQL Database | Kix4OTRS 5.0 | SLES11SP2
paulw
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.17

Re: Upgrade OTRS from 5.0.23 to 6.0.1 Error:Unable to migrate Ticket::StorageModule

Post by paulw »

Same issue here when upgrading from 5.0.24 to 6.0.6

When looking into the depth I found that the default Kernel\Config\Files\XML\Ticket.xml in OTRS6 does have a

Code: Select all

<Setting Name="Ticket::Article::Backend::MIMEBase::ArticleStorage" Required="1" Valid="1" ConfigLevel="200">

I had overwritten all those .xml config files with my converted previous files from Kernel\Config\Files\ from version 5.0.24.
For converting I used the instructions as on http://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/develope ... tion-files.

To get further in the migration I discarded the previously converted files and used the defaults from OTRS6, hoping not to loose anything relevant.
A diff of the converted vs. OTRS6 default showed hundreds of lines.
However those .xml files don't look like the actual configuration settings but more like a path to point to the configuration settings.
(which I hope to check in detail after the rest of the migration is done)
drodralv
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 5.0.28

Post by drodralv »

paulw wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 01:05 Same issue here when upgrading from 5.0.24 to 6.0.6

When looking into the depth I found that the default Kernel\Config\Files\XML\Ticket.xml in OTRS6 does have a

Code: Select all

<Setting Name="Ticket::Article::Backend::MIMEBase::ArticleStorage" Required="1" Valid="1" ConfigLevel="200">

I had overwritten all those .xml config files with my converted previous files from Kernel\Config\Files\ from version 5.0.24.
For converting I used the instructions as on http://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/develope ... tion-files.

To get further in the migration I discarded the previously converted files and used the defaults from OTRS6, hoping not to loose anything relevant.
A diff of the converted vs. OTRS6 default showed hundreds of lines.
However those .xml files don't look like the actual configuration settings but more like a path to point to the configuration settings.
(which I hope to check in detail after the rest of the migration is done)
Hello,

How did you fix that point? Any further issue related?