OTRS 6.0 ussues after upgrade from 5

Moderator: crythias

wlp7s0
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.1

OTRS 6.0 ussues after upgrade from 5

Post by wlp7s0 »

Good day everybody!

Recently upgraded OTRS from version 5 to 6. Now I have a major and minor issue.
Current version: 6.0.1
Installed from source, DB upgrade performed with no issues, XML convert performed with no issues.
I am using OS: Linux ubuntu server x64 17.10
I am using Database: Mysql 5.7

Major one:
I have a custom Ticket notification for reminder action "NotificationPendingReminder" with a checkbox " Notify user just once per day about a single ticket using a selected transport. " set. And it did work as expected, send notification about pending reminder ticket state once per day. But after upgrade, I receive notification every time "Maint::Ticket::PendingCheck" is performed about all tickets in reminder state. Now I'm forced to significantly increase PendingCheck Scheduler job time because it spams a lot. And I've lost the ability to close\remind about ticket at the specific time, just once per day when PendingCheck was performed.

I googled, I searched this forum, may be I missed something?
Files that have been restored from version 5 after upgrade:
Kernel/Config/GenericAgent.pm
Kernel/Config.pm (actually diff oldOTRS/Config.pm and newOTRS/Config.pm showed that smth was changed and I moved database configuration manually to the new file)
var/article/*

Minor isue:
I have a Ticket notification on event "TicketCreate" with notification text:
Subject: <OTRS_CUSTOMER_SUBJECT>

<OTRS_CUSTOMER_BODY>

And I receive notification with actual subject and "No Body" for tag "<OTRS_CUSTOMER_BODY>", but there is body and I can see it if I open web-browser. It was working till update and I have other notifications that are using this tag with no issue. Even can't imagine where to look into.

Hoping for good news! ;)
pfipf
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 6 Free
Company: KIT

Re: OTRS 6.0 ussues after upgrade from 5

Post by pfipf »

Hi wlp7s0,

<Minor isue:
<I have a Ticket notification on event "TicketCreate" with notification text:
<...
<Subject: <OTRS_CUSTOMER_SUBJECT>
<
<<OTRS_CUSTOMER_BODY>

I have the same problem, but on OTRS 5. Did the tag resolving ever work for you on OTRS 5?

Thanks.
pfipf
lido
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.5

Re: OTRS 6.0 ussues after upgrade from 5

Post by lido »

Hi, I'm also experiencing this issue with v6.

Pending reminder notifications are sent on every check even if "notify user just once" is selected. Please see attached screenshot to see the notification settings.

We've also changed the frequency in which the otrs daemon checks for pending tickets to be every 10 minutes. The default (every 2 hours, on the 45th minute) would make the email notifications arrive a bit too late sometimes on our case.
This obviously gets really noisy since we now get pending notifications for the same ticket every 10m.

I've searched bugs.otrs.org for "pending" and didn't see any report that may indicate this is a known bug. I would assume that if it was it would probably have already been discovered and reported since I'm guessing this is a very used feature.

Is there anything I'm not seeing here?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.