Moderator: crythias

kruegerM
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 6.0.29
Company: National Jewish Health

[SOLVED] 6.0.1 Problem with custom dashboard widget

Post by kruegerM »

Production = 5.0.23. Testing upgrade to 6.0.1

We have a custom dashboard widget for our projects (TypeID=10). The widget displays, the proper links are there, the number of items in parenthesis for each link are correct, but clicking on the links does nothing.

I created a custom XML file for our widget. Instead of ‘TicketGeneric’ for the module, I used a custom name – ‘TicketProjects’:
<Item Key="Module">Kernel::Output::HTML::Dashboard::TicketProjects</Item>

I have a TicketProjects.pm file located in otrs/Custom/Kernel/Output/HTML/Dashboard.

I have a AgentDashboardTicketProjects.tt file under ../Kernel/Output/HTML/Templates/NJH.

I’ve attached a file displaying the widget. Again, all the numbers are correct – the first link comes up selected as defined in the XML, the type items shown in the widget are right. The links just fail to function.
ProjDashlet.JPG
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kruegerM on 24 Nov 2017, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: 6.0.1 Problem with custom dashboard widget

Post by root »

Hi,

If you use the dashboard only to show ticket with a specific ticket type there's no need to use a customer perl module and a custome templte (.tt). Use TicketGeneric with your custom xml file and adjust the parameter Attributes. In you case this should be TypeIDs=10. Heres a list of possible parameter: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-6 ... c.pm#L2377

I'm sure this will be easier than searching what's wrong with your customized module ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
kruegerM
Znuny expert

Post by kruegerM »

The 'Generic' widget has 4 links:
**My Locked Tickets
**Tickets in My Queues
**Tickets in My Services
**All Tickets

The custom widget has 6 links; 2 are similar to 'Generic' (All Tickets, My Tickets) - but the others are unique and the 'Generic' PM file doesn't cover what we need. Hence the custom work.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi Marc,

Sorry, I did not recognized these filter..

Sounds like a Javascript problem, do you have any errors in your browser console? I run a diff of AgentDashboardTicketGeneric.tt from OTRS 5 against OTRS 6 and they removed many Javascript parts. Looks like you have to do your whole customization again starting with the OTRS 6 code.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
kruegerM
Znuny expert

Post by kruegerM »

Yes, took a copy of the 6.0 'generic' files and modified them with the same changes I made in 4.0 and 5.0 - but this time the links aren't working. Looking at the resulting html source code hasn't shown me anything yet either.
kruegerM
Znuny expert

Post by kruegerM »

Well - took the files out - made new copies of the 'Generic' versions - added the customizations == everything is working now.

Guess we put it down to typos. HATE when that happens!