This setting is currently being overridden in Kernel/Config.pm and can't thus be changed here!

Moderator: crythias

lido
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.5

This setting is currently being overridden in Kernel/Config.pm and can't thus be changed here!

Post by lido »

Hi there,

I'm getting some options in sysconfig with a red warning icon and the message: "This setting is currently being overridden in Kernel/Config.pm and can't thus be changed here!"

I've seen on Config.pm but the affected options aren't there. I can only see them on Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm, which accordingly to the docs is just a cache file and shouldn't be edited directly.

Here are some examples of the options I want to change that are on ZZZAAuto.pm and I can't edit on sysconfig:

$Self->{'NotificationSenderEmail'} = 'otrs@<OTRS_CONFIG_FQDN>';
$Self->{'NotificationSenderName'} = 'LT Notifications';
$Self->{'PDF::LogoFile'} = '<OTRS_CONFIG_Home>/var/logo-otrs.png';

Any idea how I can make these options editable on sysconfig?

Thanks
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: This setting is currently being overridden in Kernel/Config.pm and can't thus be changed here!

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

check your /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config.pm again
and check your ./Files/ Directory everything after ZZZAuto.pm

The ZZZAAuto.pm is loaded before ZZZAuto.pm and it is automatically created. Changes here, will be overwritten.

So check if anything "behind" ZZZAuto.pm is loaded (for example ZZZCustomXYZ.pm or ZZZZ*.pm)

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
lido
Znuny newbie

Re: This setting is currently being overridden in Kernel/Config.pm and can't thus be changed here!

Post by lido »

Hi Florian, thanks for replying.

My "/opt/otrs/Kernel/Config.pm" file has no configuration settings in it, except the database details.

My "/opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files" folder only has ZZZAAuto.pm in it (besides a few other .xml files). There is no ZZZAuto.pm or ZZZCustom.pm
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

Version6? Does not have ZZZAuto.pm

In my installation it works fine. Anything in the logs? Maybe you can open a bug?

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
lido
Znuny newbie

Post by lido »

Hi,

Well, if there's no ZZZAuto.pm on otrs v6 then where can the configuration option be defined so it won't allow me to change it on sysconfig?

I could file a bug report, but I'd really like to know first if it's actually a bug, something with my install or maybe even some new change in v6 thats causing the issue.

I see that there are some tables on the database (sysconfig_*) and on some of them there are the options I want to change. Still I haven't changed anything in the database directly since I'm assuming its unnecessary and may even make it worse.

I'm installing and configuring otrs to be used at our company in the near future (i'm guessing in about 1 month tops).
I've decided to use v6 since I saw it was already at beta4 so it would probably be easier to upgrade in the future and also benefit from the latest version changes and features. I've previously only used otrs v2
Now I'm wondering if I should play it safe and just go with v5, especially because the documentation on v6 seems to be basically the same as v5 and still doesn't seem to reflect the new changes and features in v6. Would it be safer to go with v5? Is there a release date on v6?

Thanks again.
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

the sysconfig (Version5) was "stored" in ZZZAuto.pm and with new OTRS6 the sysconfig is now named "system configuration" and it is completely re-structured and saved in database.
It is much more faster and the usability is much more better.

In OTRS6 (beta) all settings in system configuration can be set via Admin -> System Configuration (similar to sysconfig of OTRS5). I don't know why it is not possible on your system. You should not touch the database directly.

As mentioned, in my beta 6 installations (all from beta1 to beta5) all settings working perfectly fine.

In summary I would not recommend to use a beta in production environment. Use the 5, and once the 6 final is published you can migrate easily.

The release of 6.0.x should not take long, as it is beta4/5 already. I don't know the release date yet :(

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

lido
Znuny newbie

Post by lido »

Hi again,

I just completely reinstalled otrs v6beta4 from scratch, didn't do any configuration changes at all, and the "NotificationSenderEmail" parameter is locked from the start with the value: "otrs@otrs.ourdomain.com".

It also has the red triangle with an exclamation point stating the same message as my initial post: "This setting is currently being overridden in Kernel/Config.pm and can't thus be changed here!"
Some other options that I've detected that are also exactly like this are:

- NotificationSenderEmail
- PDF::LogoFile
- LoopProtectionLog
- NotificationBodyLostPassword
- NotificationBodyLostPasswordToken
- Frontend::CSSPath
- Frontend::ImagePath
- Frontend::JavaScriptPath
- Frontend::RichTextPath
- CustomerPanelBodyLostPassword
- CustomerPanelBodyLostPasswordToken
- CustomerPanelBodyNewAccount

I'm guessing there are probably many others as I didn't really search the full sysconfig tree.

Anyway, I'll just add the options I can't change on the web interface directly into Config.pm and it should at least temporarily fix my issues.

But it really seems as there's some kind of issue since the system is telling me those options are in Config.pm when they are not.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

do a grep in the Kernel/Config directory
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com