Can't locate Kernel/System/Web/InterfaceAgent.pm after OTRS Update

Moderator: crythias

tsch157
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 5

Can't locate Kernel/System/Web/InterfaceAgent.pm after OTRS Update

Post by tsch157 »

Hello,

I followed the intructions on this page http://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/5. ... ading.html to update from OTRS 5.0.15 to OTRS 5.0.23

There were no problems while follwing that instructuon, though I end up with an Error 500 when opening OTRS

Attached apache2 error.log

Code: Select all

[Tue Oct 17 13:02:56 2017] [error] Can't locate Kernel/System/Web/InterfaceAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/sbin/../../Custom /usr/sbin/../../Kernel/cpan-lib /usr/sbin/../.. /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /usr/share/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/index.pl line 34.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/index.pl line 34.\n
OTRS is installed in /usr/share/otrs
The rights are set correctly, they are set as they were previously.

Can you tell me what went wrong here?

Best regards!
reneeb
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Re: Can't locate Kernel/System/Web/InterfaceAgent.pm after OTRS Update

Post by reneeb »

Did you restart the webserver?
Perl / Znuny development: http://perl-services.de
Free Znuny add ons from the community: http://opar.perl-services.de
Commercial add ons: http://feature-addons.de
tsch157
Znuny newbie

Post by tsch157 »

Yes, of course. I already modified code in /usr/share/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/index.pl to provide the directory of the file which can not be found. This fixed this issue, but then I´m running into several other problems. The same appears for other files in the same directory as well as for other files in other directories. Some settings must be broken.

Best regards!
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

it seerms that you did not change the home for otrs (/opt/otrs) in the Config.pm
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
tsch157
Znuny newbie

Post by tsch157 »

Hello,

The previous version of OTRS 5 was installed in /usr/share/ and the new folder for the latest OTRS I added in /usr/share as well. Config.pm has /usr/share/otrs as home and otrs in apache2/conf.d/otrs has also given /usr/share as path. I already tried to move OTRS to the folder /opt/otrs by changing Config.pm and the otrs apache config + the otrs users home directory to /opt/otrs but when I tried to start OTRS it was still looking for files in /usr/share.

Maybe the problem is that the previous installation was an OTRS2 and it was updated from version to version which leads to problems?

Currently I have both folders populated /usr/share/otrs and /opt/otrs while otrs is running on the old folder /usr/share/otrs currently. /opt/otrs is configured properly in Config.pm so that I should be able to bring it up when I change the home directory of the otrs user and chaning the apache2 config of otrs. But when I do this I still get errors where I can see that it is looking for several files in /usr/share/otrs. OTRS deamon from /opt/otrs fails at startup because it is checking for /usr/share/otrs which I renamed to otrs_old wen trying to bring otrs online in /opt.
tsch157
Znuny newbie

Post by tsch157 »

Update:

I did all again from zero and now I could bring OTRS up. Obviously I forgot something somewhere!

But now there is still a problem which persists, incoming mails do not reach OTRS.

This is postfix mailq output

54883 Wed Oct 18 10:21:00
(temporary failure. Command output: local: fatal: execvp /usr/share/otrs/bin/otrs.PostMaster.pl: No such file or directory)
In some config there must still be /usr/share left. I could not find where. Can you assist me?

Info:

I adapted /etc/postfix/otrs-aliases

xyza:           |"/opt/otrs/bin[...]
xyzb:           |"/opt/otrs/bin[...]
xyzc:                |"/opt/otrs/bin/[...]
xyzd:               |"/opt/otrs/bin/[...]
xyze:       |"/opt/otrs/bin/[...]
xyzf:               |"/opt/otrs/bin/[...]
But a grep -R "/usr/share/otrs/bin/otrs.PostMaster.pl" shows that these entries are still in /etc/postfix/otrs-aliases.db_bak

root@support:/etc/postfix# grep -R "/usr/share/otrs/bin/otrs.PostMaster.pl"
Binary file otrs-aliases.db_bak matches
How can I regenerate or adapt that .db file? sqlite can´t open it.
tsch157
Znuny newbie

Post by tsch157 »

Issue solved: I just did a postalias on the file to apply the changes of the folder and then had to set rights to 777 for /opt/otrs and /etc/otrs.