Moderator: crythias

alexfofao
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.23
Company: company

I Can not Access OTRS Externally

Post by alexfofao »

Hello
I installed and configured OTRS 5.0.22 on my Ubuntu Linux server and internally I can access it normally. However, we need access when we are outside the company to open and close calls when necessary.
I made the redirects on my port 80 router pointing to the OTRS ip inside my local network, but it does not work. I did the same procedure to access via ssh through port 22 and this redirection worked, I can access using putty.
I got changed port 80 to 8080 and then also changed the port inside the ports.conf file inside apache to 8080, but to no avail, it does not work.
I did telnet testing and did not connect to the port, both on the 80 and 8080 after I made the changes.
Am I forgetting to configure something inside OTRS or would it be some configuration in apache?
I do not have much skill in Webserver, sorry
Could you help me with this question, please?

I was testing by entering the following address in the browser;
http://my_ip_external:8080/otrs/index.pl

Thank you
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: I Can not Access OTRS Externally

Post by root »

Hi Alex,

Without having access to all the configuration it's nearly impossible to help you.
Are there any web server entries? Are there log entries on your router?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
alexfofao
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.23
Company: company

Re: I Can not Access OTRS Externally

Post by alexfofao »

On the router yes, I created the redirects correctly, so much that I can access via ssh from outside and access any other service hosted on my machine, less apache, web server.
I'm using the default configuration that was performed on OTRS installation, does not include new entries inside apache, do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks for the info