Outgoing mail to gmail won't send

Moderator: crythias

josiahsequoyah
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.0.beta1
Company: Automation Concepts

Outgoing mail to gmail won't send

Post by josiahsequoyah »

I am having an issue with sending out emails to gmail. If I create a ticket sent from gmail then OTRS recognizes the Recipient as root@localhost instead of the jos...@gmail.com and so when it attempts to auto-reply then it creates an error that essentially doesn't understand root@localhost as a proper email. Here is a communication log showing an attempt to create an email ticket to jos.....@gmail.com
otrs_screenshot.PNG
That all being said it sends and receives emails no problem from microsoft outlook work email.
Any ideas??
Thanks ahead of time for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Outgoing mail to gmail won't send

Post by root »

Hi Josiah,

You should check the SysConfig settings for group Framework subgroup Core:Sendmail regarding the envelope.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
josiahsequoyah
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.0.beta1
Company: Automation Concepts

Post by josiahsequoyah »

Thanks for replying Roy. I've looked over all the sendmail settings and they all look find. I believe the issue is with the SysConfig setting for CheckEmailValidAddress which by default is ^(root@localhost|admin@localhost)$. OTRS is able to understand recipients from our exchange server directly but when a gmail is sent and it is relayed through our exchange server then OTRS does not receive it as a valid email which is why it sends to the defaul being root@localhost
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi Josiah,

The mentioned SysConfig setting does not generates such log entries three-digit codes. Log entry 13 says all: it's not allowed to send an email with this envelope to address. And this message is generated by an email server.
What does the ticket history look like?

- Roy

P.S.: Did you checked the Bugzilla if this could be a known bug?
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?