OTRS Web Service API - Agent owned ticket permissions

Moderator: crythias

caldrl
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.11

OTRS Web Service API - Agent owned ticket permissions

Post by caldrl »

Hi,

I've got problem with connecting to OTRS API and after few hours reading docs i'm completely lost.

We've created web application, with contains view for customer (with customer tickets list, etc.) and agent view (with all tickets, queue filter, etc - section for agents). Now we hit the rock, when we found, that if agent create ticket in some queue, on which he has not read permission, then ticket is not present in TicketSearch.

Yea, one side of coin is that he has no permisson to queue, so he should not se tickets in this queue, but on the other side this ticket was created by himself, so he shoud be able to recieve it in api response. I've tried to add CustomerUser parameter to TicketSearch endpoint, but result was same.

It would be great if there will be some TicketSearch propery like "MyTickets" - just to return same ticket list as in Customer.pl page.

Have you some expiriences with this? Thank you very much!

PS: I'm mainly JavaScript developer, and for me OTRS API docs are very ununderstandable. Over that i've built NodeJS app providing many features connected to OTRS API and i'm not able to handle this :( ...so thank you for every hint.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: OTRS Web Service API - Agent owned ticket permissions

Post by jojo »

are you using the webservices? there is a difference in logging in as customer or agent
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
caldrl
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.11

Re: OTRS Web Service API - Agent owned ticket permissions

Post by caldrl »

Oh, yeah. That's it!

App has own mechanism (AD login, with "some group matching stuff") to login, and it creates otrs session via "customeruser" or "agent" method based on AD groups (matching with otrs ldap configuration) and app is then using "agent session id" same way as "customeruser session id".

So if i split it and creates for agents both session "types" (agent and user), it will solve my problem. I've already implementation of it, so it won't be difficult to change.

Thank you very much for advice jojo.