Generic Interface value mapping

Moderator: crythias

Coop
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.1

Generic Interface value mapping

Post by Coop »

Hi, I'm currently working on getting our OTRS system to send a TicketCreate via SOAP to an external system. To OTRS this is pretty much fire and forget, so to get the basics working with the generic interface set up as a requester was pretty straightforward. But now I'm running into a small issue.

On the external systems side, customers are registered with a unique 6-digit identifier (e.g. 123456). But on the OTRS side, Customer users have individual logins. They are always in the same format: 123456-ABC12, where the 123456 part is the unique 6-digit identifier from the external system.
As the individual user is of no interest to the external system, but the unique identifier is, I'd like to use the mapping feature to re-format the CustomerUser to represent the unique 6-digit identifier. So all I have to do is strip off the dash and everything behind it. That would be pretty simple using a regex, but I haven't been able to find if OTRS' mapping feature actually returns the regex matches for further use, or that the mapping feature can only map the value a fixed string.

So, if OTRS can return the match, what do I use to access the returned data?

Thank you for your help.
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Re: Generic Interface value mapping

Post by zzz »

Hey Coop,

an alternative idea would be to redefine the $Pw in /Kernel/System/CustomerAuth/DB.pm by cutting out the last part with regex as you've mentioned it already.

Good Luck
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English