[SOLVED] Customer Ticket Template

Moderator: crythias

nhughes
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.3

[SOLVED] Customer Ticket Template

Post by nhughes »

Greetings all,

I am configuring OTRS 5.0.x on CentOS 7. I've learned a lot on this journey.

I am putting some of the final touches on my system. I want to create a customer ticket template to increase information provided during ticket generation.

Looking through the admin tab on my system, I can't see anywhere to create a ticket template for the customer end.

Could someone point me in the right direction to accomplish this goal?

Thank you very much for everything :)
Last edited by nhughes on 13 Jun 2017, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
nhughes
Znuny newbie

nhughes

Post by nhughes »

I have been messing around with templates. For some reason this always defaults to the bottom of the template. (I didn't type it)

--
Super Support - Waterford Business Park
5201 Blue Lagoon Drive - 8th Floor & 9th Floor - Miami, 33126 USA
Email: hot@example.com - Web: http://www.example.com/
--

Is this some generic information I need to turn off? How do I stop this from being added to ticket templates.

thank you!
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Customer Ticket Template

Post by jojo »

you have to adjust the signatures for the queues (did you read the manual?)
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
ruzzetto

Post by ruzzetto »

do you mean a template when a customer open a new ticket?
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

customers don't have templates. Templates can only be used in Agent Interface.
Each queue has a signature assigned
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
ruzzetto

Post by ruzzetto »

i know but him refers to a "template" in ticket generation. it does not exist out of box but you can customize CustomerTicketMessage.tt in order to populate ticket body with some text based on queue/service selected
nhughes
Znuny newbie

nhughes

Post by nhughes »

ruzzetto wrote:i know but him refers to a "template" in ticket generation. it does not exist out of box but you can customize CustomerTicketMessage.tt in order to populate ticket body with some text based on queue/service selected

I have CustomerTicketMessage.tt open. Where abouts would I begin changing the text to create the template?
nhughes
Znuny newbie

nhughes

Post by nhughes »

jojo wrote:you have to adjust the signatures for the queues (did you read the manual?)
I found it thanks to this. I've read sections of the manual. some parts are better than others
ruzzetto

Re: nhughes

Post by ruzzetto »

nhughes wrote:
ruzzetto wrote:i know but him refers to a "template" in ticket generation. it does not exist out of box but you can customize CustomerTicketMessage.tt in order to populate ticket body with some text based on queue/service selected

I have CustomerTicketMessage.tt open. Where abouts would I begin changing the text to create the template?
anywhere in the file [block queue] for example...this is my code:

Code: Select all

function selectServices() {
        switch ($('#ServiceID').val() ) {
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                    initText('','<I><U>CUSTOM TEXT</I></U><br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;: <br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;: <br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;: <br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;&#40;Custom text&#41;');
                   break;
this piece of code let you to fill ticket body based on a specific service selection
nhughes
Znuny newbie

Post by nhughes »

ruzzetto wrote:
nhughes wrote:

case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                    initText('','<I><U>CUSTOM TEXT</I></U><br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;: <br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;: <br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;: <br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;&#40;Custom text&#41;');
                   break;
this piece of code let you to fill ticket body based on a specific service selection
Whenever I input the information, I get a goofy looking customer ticket page. (above or below text box) I can't get any text to appear in the Text box. Should I be placing it somewhere in here?
customtick.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nhughes
Znuny newbie

Post by nhughes »

ruzzetto wrote:
nhughes wrote:

case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                 case  "xx":
                   break;
Whenever I input the information, I get a goofy looking customer ticket page. (above or below text box) I can't get any text to appear in the Text box. Should I be placing it somewhere in here?
customtick.PNG
[/quote]
I put the information right before </textarea> and it worked!
charruel1
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs6

Re: [SOLVED] Customer Ticket Template

Post by charruel1 »

Hello, I am trying your solution but the code is not executed, instead I see the function as plain text, could you show me how do you have it?

<textarea id="RichText" class="RichText Validate_Required [% Data.BodyInvalid | html %]" name="Body" rows="15" cols="[% Config("Ticket::Frontend::TextAreaNote") %]">[% Data.Body | html %]function selectServices() {
                 case  "MovistarVentas":
                    initText('','<I><U>CUSTOM TEXT</I></U><br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;: <br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;: <br/><br/><B>CUSTOM TEXT</B>&nbsp;: <br/><br/><B>$
                   break;
</textarea>