[SOLVED] Process behaving different when transition is triggered by postmaster filter

Moderator: crythias

nedmaj
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 6.3.4
Company: Câmara dos Deputados

[SOLVED] Process behaving different when transition is triggered by postmaster filter

Post by nedmaj »

Hi guys,

I got a problem with a process behaving differently when transition is triggered by postmaster filter.

I've got an activity with three transitions. Each one moves (transition action) the ticket to a specific queue. Both transitions are triggered by ticket approval and depending on some other field value the ticket is moved to a certain queue.

I can approval the ticket using the Decision option using agent interface and all the transitions are working just fine.

But the ticket could also be approved by mail, so I've configured a postmaster filter for that. When the approval message is processed the ticket is aproved. But for some reason I can't explain a differente transition is being triggered, although the values are the same.

After several tests my conclusion is OTRS process management engine behaves differently when invoked by PostMaster. But I don't know why this happen neither how to fix it.

Any ideas?

:(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nedmaj on 26 May 2017, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel

Znuny 6.3.4 | OTRS 5.0.17
Database: Postgres | Oracle 12.1
Number of agents: 450 | Number of customers: 20000 | Number of CIs: 30000
nedmaj
Znuny expert

Re: Process behaving different when transition is triggered by postmaster filter

Post by nedmaj »

Hi guys,

I've just found out what was going on. Postmaster is handled by the Daemon, who creates a in memory copy of the process (maybe it does a copy of other definitions as well). So we need to restart Daemon everytime process definition is changed. That solved the problem.

Best regards!

:D
Samuel

RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Re: [SOLVED] Process behaving different when transition is triggered by postmaster filter

Post by RStraub »

That's weird. I would have expcted that "activating" a changed process should take care of all caching...
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
nedmaj
Znuny expert

Re: [SOLVED] Process behaving different when transition is triggered by postmaster filter

Post by nedmaj »

I would have expected that too. But that was not the case. Maybe some bug worth reporting?
Samuel

jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

nedmaj wrote:I would have expected that too. But that was not the case. Maybe some bug worth reporting?
yes, please
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com