ERROR: OTRS-otrs.Console.pl-Maint::PostMaster::MailAccountFetch-42 Perl: 5.16.3 OS: linux

Moderator: crythias

Shack
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.19
Company: Vidder, Inc.

ERROR: OTRS-otrs.Console.pl-Maint::PostMaster::MailAccountFetch-42 Perl: 5.16.3 OS: linux

Post by Shack »

I am getting a regularly occurring error in our OTRS 5.0 installation:
Here are the rest of the details:
Time: Mon May 15 15:58:05 2017

Message: IMAPTLS: Can't connect to outlook.office365.com: timeout waiting 600s for data
from server

Traceback (30956):
Module: Kernel::System::MailAccount::IMAPTLS::_Fetch Line: 137
Module: Kernel::System::MailAccount::IMAPTLS::Fetch Line: 80
Module: Kernel::System::MailAccount::MailAccountFetch Line: 440
Module: Kernel::System::Console::Command::Maint::PostMaster::MailAccountFetch::Run
Line: 94
Module: (eval) Line: 460
Module: Kernel::System::Console::BaseCommand::Execute Line: 454
Module: (eval) Line: 150
Module: Kernel::System::Daemon::DaemonModules::SchedulerTaskWorker::Cron::Run Line: 129
Module: Kernel::System::Daemon::DaemonModules::SchedulerTaskWorker::Run Line: 250
Module: (eval) Line: 316
Module: main::Start Line: 316
Module: /opt/otrs//bin/otrs.Daemon.pl Line: 138
Our system successfully creates new tickets from incoming email messages using one specific Microsoft Office 365 email account and sends replies using the same account. There are no problems with this workflow other than this error message. Do I have some SysConfig setting configured incorrectly? Any other thoughts?

Thank you.

Scott Shackleton
Scott Shackleton
OTRS 5.0.18 on AWS Linux with MySQL database
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: ERROR: OTRS-otrs.Console.pl-Maint::PostMaster::MailAccountFetch-42 Perl: 5.16.3 OS: linux

Post by root »

Hi Scott,

Is there a firewall which restricts the outgoing connection from the OTRS server? I've had exactly problem with some customer.
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
Shack
Znuny newbie

Re: ERROR: OTRS-otrs.Console.pl-Maint::PostMaster::MailAccountFetch-42 Perl: 5.16.3 OS: linux

Post by Shack »

There is no outbound restrictive firewall ACL on the host or on the network perimeter. And, as I mentioned, the same IMAP account is currently used successfully to create and respond to tickets.
Scott Shackleton
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Shack wrote:There is no outbound restrictive firewall ACL on the host or on the network perimeter. And, as I mentioned, the same IMAP account is currently used successfully to create and respond to tickets.
I read that you mentioned this. But the DNS name outlook.office365.com is a geobased, loadbalanced entry which resolves IPv6 and IPv4 addresses and this can provide problems in some environments. To exclude this a the reason I would resolve the DNS name manually and use one of the provided IP addresses as the hostname.
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
Shack
Znuny newbie

Post by Shack »

Thank you for your assistance, Roy! My only real concern is that some function of OTRS is misconfigured. If this error is just occasional and doesn't really impact communication or any function of OTRS, I would be inclined to keep it as configured so as not to lose connectivity if Microsoft changes the IP address sometime in the future.
Scott Shackleton
Shack
Znuny newbie

Post by Shack »

Roy,

In order to troubleshoot this, I took your suggestion and changed the outlook.office365.com to an IP Address that resolved on the OTRS host here:
Admin -> PostMaster Mail Accounts -> 40.97.51.66 / otrs@example.com

I'll post here if it resolves the issue or not. Thank you again for your assistance.

Scott Shackleton
*"example.com" used as a placeholder
Scott Shackleton
8lackn0va
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: newest

Post by 8lackn0va »

Hello,

i have a fix for this Issue.

I Think you have a change in the sendmail, mailx services. The IP adress has change.

Be sure you have globaly change the right IP or nameserver from the right exchange server.
Then you have to reconfigure the sendmail, or/and the mailx kernel!!

in Shel:
cd /etc/ && m4 sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf && make -C /etc/mail

Restart your OTRS server, now are the error logs are clear.