Reply all - Exclude customer email

Moderator: crythias

Ralph
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.9 (win)

Reply all - Exclude customer email

Post by Ralph »

Hello,

Is it possible that OTRS does not include the customer e-mail address automatically in the following scenario:
1) Customer1 sends email
2) Ticket gets created and locked by Agent1
3) Agent1 emails Agent2/Agent3 through the ticket
4) Reply comes in from Agent2
5) Agent1 does another reply-all and here Customer1 gets added.

How can we avoid Customer1 being added in the last part? I know that you can put the communication in email-internal but I want to avoid agents having to manually switch this during replies.

So I am looking either for an option that:
  • The Customer email address no longer gets added by default if it was not part of the conversation
    Adds another 'reply' button that automatically puts the article-type in email-internal
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Reply all - Exclude customer email

Post by jojo »

First of all OTRS is designed that agents will work with the Tools internal functionality and not via e-mail to each other. So for internal communication you should use the note functionality (you can choose which agents should get the note, if configured via sysconfig).

Technically you can prevent the adding of the customers mail address (check sysconfig) but still the customer would be able to read the communication in the customer interface.
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
Ralph
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.9 (win)

Re: Reply all - Exclude customer email

Post by Ralph »

Hello Jojo,

Thanks for the explanation / reply. The problem is that they communicate with departments that are not agents in OTRS.