Configuring mail with hmailserver server

Moderator: crythias

dihcabral
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.11

Configuring mail with hmailserver server

Post by dihcabral »

Good morning everyone,

I'm having trouble setting up OTRS to fetch emails on my Hmailserver server.
The error messages I receive are:

Using IMAP: Auth for user xxxx@xxxxx.com.br/xx.xxxxxxx.com.br failed!
Using IMAPS: Can not connect to xx.xxxxxxx.com.br
Using SMTP or SMTPS: Impossible to send message to: xxxxxx@xxxxxx.com.br

I found this article from user @crythias, but I have some doubts (maybe idiots doubt, sorry):

- otrs and hmailserver are on different servers (otrs in linux and hmailserver on windows), should I install Perl on Windows so that the script provided by @crythias works?

- in the article it mentions that the protocols IMAP and POP3 in the configurations of the Hmailserver should be disabled, is this correct or did I misunderstand?

Sorry for the English, I tried to find help in the forum of my native language, but I did not get any answer.
The only article found was this @crythias, so I hope some of you can help me out.

See you,
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Configuring mail with hmailserver server

Post by crythias »

The error messages seem to indicate that the credentials are invalid for the attempted request.
If the credentials are correct, it's then a problem with the server address.
Likely, the domain xxxx.com.br either doesn't resolve from otrs server at the IP address desired because of DNS/hosts, or the password is bad, or there is a firewall preventing the OTRS server from connecting to the hMail server.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask