Disable ticket creation for agents in a role

Moderator: crythias

jbaptiste
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 6.0.x

Disable ticket creation for agents in a role

Post by jbaptiste »

Hi,

I need to disable the options to create email or phone tickets for a role/group. On "Frontend::Agent::Ticket::MenuModule" it's possible to disable them for everyone, I only need to do it for agents on an specific role that only need to work on tickets but not be able to create new ones. Is this possible ?
Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: Disable ticket creation for agents in a role

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

yes, remove create permission for the roles.

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

wurzel wrote:Hi,

yes, remove create permission for the roles.

Florian
Well, that's not exactly what I'm asking, that removes the create permissions from the queues, but access to the create email/phone tickets pages is still available, just that the agent can't select a queue to create the ticket on those pages. What I want is to avoid the menu options to be displayed for certain groups/roles, just like what happens with the customer menu when you remove access to the users group or with the stats page when you remove access to the stats group.
Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Post by skullz »

jbaptiste wrote:Hi,

I need to disable the options to create email or phone tickets for a role/group. On "Frontend::Agent::Ticket::MenuModule" it's possible to disable them for everyone, I only need to do it for agents on an specific role that only need to work on tickets but not be able to create new ones. Is this possible ?
SysConfig > Ticket → Frontend::Agent::ModuleRegistration -> Frontend::Module###AgentTicketPhone
SysConfig > Ticket → Frontend::Agent::ModuleRegistration -> Frontend::Module###AgentTicketEmail

define which group will be able to see the create ticket menu.
however, this only hide the menu..not totally disabled it
jbaptiste
Znuny advanced

Post by jbaptiste »

skullz wrote: SysConfig > Ticket → Frontend::Agent::ModuleRegistration -> Frontend::Module###AgentTicketPhone
SysConfig > Ticket → Frontend::Agent::ModuleRegistration -> Frontend::Module###AgentTicketEmail

define which group will be able to see the create ticket menu.
however, this only hide the menu..not totally disabled it
Excellent, that combined with wurzel's answer is enough, thanks !