Disallow customer user creation for a role

Moderator: crythias

jbaptiste
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 6.0.x

Disallow customer user creation for a role

Post by jbaptiste »

Hi,

I have been trying to make a role to not be able to create a customer user with no success. On the Role<->Group permissions if I don't add the RW permission for the role to the users group, then the Customers User Administration option on the Customer top menu doesn't even appear, so to have it available I have to give the role full access. I only want them to be able to see the customer list and edit their information but not create new ones. Is this possible ?

Thanks.
Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page
jbaptiste
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 6.0.x

Re: Disallow customer user creation for a role

Post by jbaptiste »

I did some progress but not exactly what I want. I'm using an external database backed and on the backend configuration on Config.pm if I set ReadOnly => 1 then the "Add Customer user" button does not appear as I need, but then I can't edit the users either.

I thought this could be possible to handle with the permissions given to the role to the users group by giving it read only permissions, but doesn't work either.
Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page
nedmaj
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 6.3.4
Company: Câmara dos Deputados

Re: Disallow customer user creation for a role

Post by nedmaj »

jbaptiste wrote:
... Is this possible ?

Thanks.
I don't think so. It's all or nothing.
Samuel

Znuny 6.3.4 | OTRS 5.0.17