Moderator: crythias

rtsmith2329
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.16

Process ticket notifications

Post by rtsmith2329 »

Morning all,

My question is similar to this thread: viewtopic.php?t=32734

Many of the processes in our environment are initiated by customers, and they're accustomed to receiving notifications for every ticket they put in. I'm noticing that process tickets do not generate emails to either agents or customers when they're created (yes, I'm subscribed to the right queues for agent notifications, notifications are enabled, and auto-responses are defined and linked to queues for customer notifications).

Is there a setting that suppresses notifications for Process Management tickets? If so where is it and how can it be edited?
5of5
Znuny newbie
Company: Concurrent Technology Corp.

Re: Process ticket notifications

Post by 5of5 »

In the Admin section, you will want to look at the ticket notifications. A little research on how this works may be required, but basically you can fire off notifications based on events. Such as changing queues or assigning an owner. To me the most important section on your notification is the ticket filter. You will need to define your ticket filter so that you only send notifications on specific tickets. Here you can use your queues to your advantage. It will take a good bit of testing to make sure that you are filtering the tickets correctly. Hopefully that helps.
rtsmith2329
Znuny newbie

Post by rtsmith2329 »

Thanks, I'll look at the ticket filters. I had configured notifications, but maybe they're muted for process tickets.
rtsmith2329
Znuny newbie

Post by rtsmith2329 »

I looked at the ticket filters and they're completely blank. This should mean that notifications are generated on all tickets when a trigger event occurs, right?

One thing I neglected to mention in the OP: Email notifications for regular tickets are working fine, it's just Process tickets that won't notify.
5of5
Znuny newbie
Company: Concurrent Technology Corp.

Post by 5of5 »

Correct. One thing I found is that if you set the "Send to these agents" to the person that is creating the event, that agent doesn't get an email. I guess the system assumes you already know that the event occurred because you did it.

Try this:

1. Create a new notification called Test_Process_Notification
2. Set the event to TicketCreate
3. Set the Recipients to
send to: "Customer of the ticket"
Send to these agents: <YOU>, <and another one of your agents>
4. In your notification text put in some test email info
5. Create a new process ticket.

You will know right away if it works because it will attach an article to our process. Again you will not get the email because you created the ticket, but the other agent and the customer will get the email.

Then try messing with the events, change it to TicketQueueUpdate or something else.

If you want to receive the email even if you where the agent that triggered the event, go to the notification methods part and put your email in where it says "Additional recipient email addresses:".