How to install OTRS with ISPConfig

Moderator: crythias

puneet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs 4.14
Company: onebcg

How to install OTRS with ISPConfig

Post by puneet »

I have installed ISPConfig 3 on CentOS 7.3 using steps from https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/per ... ispconfig/

Followed by that I installed OTRS 5.0.17, which was installed successfully and did not gave any error.
When I started to configure OTRS using the Installer.pl file, I was getting this error saying
"Please make sure your database accepts packages over 20 MB in size (it currently only accepts packages up to 16 MB). Please adapt the max_allowed_packet setting of your database in order to avoid errors."

I then edited the /etc/my.cnf file and added below 3 lines to [mysqld] section
max_allowed_packet = 20M
query_cache_size = 32M
innodb_log_file_size = 256M

And then i restarted the Mariadb service, which I was unable to start now. Everytime it gave me error as
"Job for mariadb.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status mariadb.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details".

Even tried adding those 3 lines to etc/my.cnf.d/zotrs.cnf file (According to some tutorials), even then I was unable to start mariadb service.

Please Suggest, How to install OTRS 5 on Centos 7, which has ISPconfig.
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Re: How to install OTRS with ISPConfig

Post by RStraub »

After you change the size of the innodb logfile in the config, you have to delete (or rename, or move) the old log file.

On bootup mysql checks whether the current size fits the config and fails if it doesn't.
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
puneet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs 4.14
Company: onebcg

Re: How to install OTRS with ISPConfig

Post by puneet »

Can someone suggest How to install OTRS with ISPConfig