stephenb2001
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.1414
Company: Brahler

OTRS dynamic fields

Post by stephenb2001 »

Hi OTRS community,

Before i ask my question OTRS rocks.

So i have created a dynamic field to help identify some of our tickets as some tickets come in emails from another ticket system and the subject line only containes their ticket number. I need to try and attatch the dynamic field to incomming tickets and display the dynamic field in the ticket view allowing the dynamic field to help i dentify to that the ticket number is refaring to. Is this possible.
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Re: OTRS dynamic fields

Post by RStraub »

You want a dynamic field to hold... the remote ticket number? Or an arbitrary value?

In the first case, you could use an "external ticket number" recognition filter - found in the SysConfig.

For the latter case, you could use a postmaster filter with a capture group.
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
stephenb2001
Znuny newbie

Post by stephenb2001 »

Ok so the ticket comes in from another ticket system but only the ticket number is visable in the ticket view which unless you remember the ticket number is difficult to identify the ticket you where looking at. But if once we open the ticket we could then set a dynamic field to diplay the town location then looking at the ticket view you could very quickly identify which ticket you where dealing with, if that dynamic field could be seen in the ticket view as an extra column.
stephenb2001
Znuny newbie

Post by stephenb2001 »

I have got so far, i have now got the dynamic field displayed in the widget. How do i ad a dynamic field to the incoming emails automatically? Then it is job done.