Group of queues with ticket data in dedicated DB

Moderator: crythias

epferreira
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.1

Group of queues with ticket data in dedicated DB

Post by epferreira »

Hello

In my OTRS installation I have 2 of the existing queues holding tickets for the Legal and Accounting department. For information security purposes, is it possible to have the ticket and attachment data of these queues in a different database?

Thank you
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Group of queues with ticket data in dedicated DB

Post by root »

No, one OTRS, one database.

What security problem do you have? As long as you use proper permission no one else will see data of the other department (except of the customer user database).
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
epferreira
Znuny newbie

Post by epferreira »

There are developers that for support purposes have admin privileges. I'd like to give admin privileges over the Legal and Accounting queues only to a subset of those developers.
Also, the developers have the password to the database and can directly query it. If there were 2 databases I could give the password for the Legal and Accounting to that subset of developers as well.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

epferreira wrote:There are developers that for support purposes have admin privileges. I'd like to give admin privileges over the Legal and Accounting queues only to a subset of those developers.
Also, the developers have the password to the database and can directly query it. If there were 2 databases I could give the password for the Legal and Accounting to that subset of developers as well.
As I mentioned one OTRS, one database. Thanks for explaining the use case. I strongly recommend to use a staging system for the developer. But you can refuse the access to the permissions to specific developers and revoke them access to the groups of the specific queues. Anyway, for the database password there's no solution (I would never give the database password to anyone, there's an API to access the database and create tables, do queries, etc.).
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
epferreira
Znuny newbie

Post by epferreira »

Ok. Thank you for the hints.