Moderator: crythias

mcqueena
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.2

SSL Glue error message

Post by mcqueena »

I'm getting the following error message in syslog:

Code: Select all

There was an error executing Execute() in Kernel::System::Console::Command::Maint::PostMaster::MailAccountFetch: [Wed Sep 28 11:40:02 2016] otrs.Daemon.pl: using SSL support of Net::POP3 3.05 instead of SSLGlue at /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib/Net/SSLGlue/POP3.pm line 12.
Also an email is being sent to root@localhost each time. I'm using POP3S to pop email from Google Apps. The messages still get into the queue. I read something in a google search about disabling SSL certificate verification, but I'm not sure how to do that. This is OTRS 5 running on Ubuntu 16.04 and was built from source.
TauSo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.13

Re: SSL Glue error message

Post by TauSo »

Since upgrading Ubuntu from 14.04 to 16.04 we are getting the same annoying messages.
Have you found a working solution for this problem?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

There a bug entry https://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12334 with a fix. Apply them manually or wait for the next releases (5.0.15 and 4.0.20) where the fix is included.
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
zealny
Znuny newbie

Post by zealny »

I got similar error message in syslog but for SMTP

Code: Select all

There was an error executing Execute() in Kernel::System::Console::Command::Maint::PostMaster::MailAccountFetch: [Mon Oct 31 23:25:10 2016] otrs.Daemon.pl: using SSL support of Net::SMTP 3.05 instead of SSLGlue at /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib/Net/SSLGlue/SMTP.pm line 12.
Also getting email every 5 minutes. I am using SMTPTLS (smtp.gmail.com:587) for outgoing emails and IMAPS (imap.gmail.com) for inbound mails. I am using 5.0.13 on ubuntu 16.04 on GCE.

Not sure if changes suggested by root ( https://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12334 ) will solve this problem.

Thanks
zealny
Znuny newbie

Post by zealny »

Please suggest solution.
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

please read root's posting.

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
zealny
Znuny newbie

Post by zealny »

Hi wurzel,

root is referring to SSLGlue POP3 whereas I am not using POP3. I am having problem in SSLGlue SMTP

Thanks
cyrilstoll
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.15
Company: wlan-partner.com AG

Post by cyrilstoll »

Hi there

Regarding the SMTP/SSLGlue issue. We also had this issue after upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 and the latest OTRS (5.0.15). Since we are using IMAP and not POP3 there is apparently no problem receiving mails. But when sending emails/tickets the system generated an email with the following warning message:

otrs.Daemon.pl: using SSL support of Net::SMTP 3.05 instead of SSLGlue at /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib/Net/SSLGlue/SMTP.pm line 12.

Since the underlying problem is basically the same I thought that the solution should be similar as well. Instead of fixing this in the POP3*.pm file I edited this file:

/opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Email/SMTPTLS.pm

Of course if you are not using TLS you should instead change the file SMTPS.pm. In this file I changed the line 14 as in the fix for the POP3 issue. That means I changed from:

use Net::SSLGlue::SMTP;
to
use Net::SMTP;

Probably not necessary but just to be sure I then restarted apache2 and now we can send mails/tickets again without being bothered by those warning mails.

Regards,
Cyril
OTRS 5.0.15 (tarball install)
Linux <hostname> 4.4.0-57-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 9 23:50:32 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
dicosoft
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs5s

Post by dicosoft »

For gmail 465 thats its solved.

/opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Email/SMTPS.pm

Of course if you are not using TLS you should instead change the file SMTPS.pm. In this file I changed the line 14 as in the fix for the POP3 issue. That means I changed from:

use Net::SSLGlue::SMTP;
to
use Net::SMTP;

Thanks! ;-)
ruzzetto

Post by ruzzetto »

Hi,
since yesterday I'm encountering the same issue with SMTP.

I tried to modified both:
/opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib/Net/SSLGlue/SMTP.pm and /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Email/SMTPS.pm

but I still receive emails.
What could I do to fix?

Thank
ruzzetto

Post by ruzzetto »

Hi,
I modified /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Email/SMTPS.pm but otrs was no longer able to send any kind of email (for example autoresponse).
I reverted to previous version.

Anyone already fixed it?

[UPDATE]: it seems to be affected only version 6.