Reminders sent to external parties

Moderator: crythias

dim3nsi0n
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.7

Reminders sent to external parties

Post by dim3nsi0n »

Hi!

I've tried to find an answer on the forum but I couldn't... hopefully I am not blind :)

We have a call center which uses OTRS and one of the queues gets hammered.
Right now when we receive a request from say customer@domain.com and we don't know how to answer we forward the email ouside of OTRS to say expert@domain.com. We wait for a reply for 48h and if we don't receive an answer out agents will sent a reminder to them manually.
Is there away to automate this? So we'd like to send an automated message to expert@domain.com after 48h and again after 96h if they are still not replying.

I would like to mention that expert@domain.com cannot be added as a client because we have hundreds of experts and they always change.

I hope I've been clear...

Thnak you so much for your help!

Best Regards,
Andrei
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Reminders sent to external parties

Post by crythias »

Unfortunately, you cannot automate reminders to addresses your system can't reference.

Even if you did automate the task of reminder, the recipient could only be used in a generic sense for customers or agents.

It might be programmable to check for the current/last recipient(s) and send to them again based upon age of last state of "expert wait 48 hours" but OTRS Notification Events would be for specific customers or agents, specific email addresses, or groups.

But if your expert list is known, and you want to create specific notification events for each known expert, that is definitely workable as long as you have enough filter criteria to not spam all your experts. (I'd suggest a Dynamic Field that holds a list of experts. Then choose that DF when you send to the expert. In this way, you can use the Notification Event to filter that DF and send to that expert.)
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
dim3nsi0n
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.7

Re: Reminders sent to external parties

Post by dim3nsi0n »

Thank you for your quick reply!

I thought it might need additional development but I was hoping I missed something :D

Best Regards,
Andrei