OTRS in a shared cloud model

Moderator: crythias

cbruigom
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.5

OTRS in a shared cloud model

Post by cbruigom »

Can anyone give me any advice on how best to setup OTRS in a shared cloud model where you would have multiple external customers. This would mean that the customers and the agents need to be separated per external customer.

I dont want to have separate instances per customer as hoping to benefit from the management of one instance, server, DB, etc. I have read post viewtopic.php?t=18625, but wanted to know if there were any newer updates or someone has tried it before.

Thanks
brendanlim
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS5.0.7
Company: Trans Niaga Sdn Bhd

Re: OTRS in a shared cloud model

Post by brendanlim »

Probably the best way is to separate your customers and agents by groups.. Assuming you're the only admin managing all those and your agents have no admin rights at all to change it.. So there will be 3 areas to set the groups:

i.e.
Queue Group = Company A
Agents > Group = Company A
Customer Users > Group = Company A

But that's pretty a lot of work daily and you need to know each of the "Customer Users" details and set them into the groups.. It's probably okay if you don't accept e-mail from everyone except the ones that you created the Customer User.. but if you don't know who might be sending in the e-mail to log a ticket, this may not be a feasible thing to do.. and the best is to VM multiple instances of OTRS instead..