How to hide queue for customers

Moderator: crythias

Kris1992
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS free

How to hide queue for customers

Post by Kris1992 »

How to do this, hiden queue for customers but not for agents. Please help. :(
Last edited by Kris1992 on 09 May 2016, 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
wheelshot
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 4.0.24

Re: How to hide queue for customers

Post by wheelshot »

Do you want to all the "Select a queue" field from the form or just some queues from the list?

In case 1, you can do it with the config Ticket -> Frontend::Customer::Ticket::ViewNew and change the Ticket::Frontend::CustomerTicketMessage###Queue value (Careful, you'll also need to set the default queue).

For second case, you'll need to create an ACL that hides some queue from Customers UI.
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

wheelshot wrote:For second case, you'll need to create an ACL that hides some queue from Customers UI.
In my opinion, it would be better to enable "Customer Users <-> Groups" support and filter the queues on customer interface with permissions on their related groups.
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
alexus
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: OTRS 6 CE
Company: Radiant System Group s.r.o

Post by alexus »

Giulio Soleni wrote:
In my opinion, it would be better to enable "Customer Users <-> Groups" support and filter the queues on customer interface with permissions on their related groups.
It's not a good idea. If you disable Queues for Customers via Group, customers can't see tickets in the customer portal.
I wouldn't recommend enable Queue selection for customers. Queue is a work group in your service desk and the client shouldn't care where the request will be processed. You need enable only ticket Type and Service in customer interface and setup service&type based routing via Generic Agent or use some default queue.
Alexey Yusov

Production: OTRS CE ITSM 6.0.28 on CentOS 7 + Apache 2.4 + MariaDB 10.4.13 + Radiant Customer Portal

Radiant System OTRS Intergrator
RS4OTRS marketplace
Stay tuned on our Facebook
((OTRS)) Community Edition - what next?
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

alexus wrote:If you disable Queues for Customers via Group, customers can't see tickets in the customer portal.
Not exactly... they will see the only the tickets for the queues they are enabled.
alexus wrote:You need enable only ticket Type and Service in customer interface and setup service&type based routing via Generic Agent or use some default queue
I personally do not take this approach, and I do not make use of services in a plain OTRS::Helpdesk environment (where queues are enabled in the customer portal by design) unless the ITSM module is enabled.
But this is just my opinion of course ;)
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
alexus
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: OTRS 6 CE
Company: Radiant System Group s.r.o

Post by alexus »

Giulio Soleni wrote: alexus писал(а):
If you disable Queues for Customers via Group, customers can't see tickets in the customer portal.

Not exactly... they will see the only the tickets for the queues they are enabled.
I agree, but customer needs to have a possibility to see ticket across whole lifecycle.
Giulio Soleni wrote:I personally do not take this approach, and I do not make use of services in a plain OTRS::Helpdesk environment (where queues are enabled in the customer portal by design) unless the ITSM module is enabled
You can use Services in OTRS Helpdesk also. Having based on our large experience in OTRS implementation projects I can say that queue selection for a customer is definitely a bad practice. I don't know why OTRS has these default system settings :). It fully contradicts any common sense, ITIL recommendations and service management approach!
You can see how in OTRS portal should look like here - http://demo.radiantsystem.com
Alexey Yusov

Production: OTRS CE ITSM 6.0.28 on CentOS 7 + Apache 2.4 + MariaDB 10.4.13 + Radiant Customer Portal

Radiant System OTRS Intergrator
RS4OTRS marketplace
Stay tuned on our Facebook
((OTRS)) Community Edition - what next?