Email Tickets not visible in Customer Login

Moderator: crythias

henry99
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.8

Email Tickets not visible in Customer Login

Post by henry99 »

Hi,

for some reason, only tickets the customer creates via the customer interface (webrequests) are visible by the customer. Email tickets (email-external), even though they end up in the correct queue only show up in the agent interface but not in the customer interface.

Any ideas what might cause this?

TIA
Henry
henry99
Znuny newbie

Re: Email Tickets not visible in Customer Login

Post by henry99 »

seems to be more complicated. In fact some email tickets do show up and some dont. There seems to be no pattern. I've tried to give the customer user more rights, but that makes no difference.

The customer user has full access to the queue, yet still only agents can see every single ticket.
henry99
Znuny newbie

Post by henry99 »

the mails are assigned the to queue via a postmasterfilter. Do i have to set any other header than the queue header for this to work reliably?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Customers will see tickets in their "My tickets" for tickets that they have access to. This means that the Customer is a member of the group attached to the queue in which the ticket sits and the ticket's Customer_User_ID (login) matches the login ID of the logged in customer.

By default, if CustomerGroupSupport is off/disabled, Customers are members of all groups. If on, Customers are members of CustomerGroupsAlwaysGroups and explicitly assigned groups.
henry99 wrote:only tickets the customer creates via the customer interface (webrequests) are visible by the customer
henry99 wrote:Email tickets (email-external), even though they end up in the correct queue only show up in the agent interface but not in the customer interface.
This follows the above. It means the email address that the customer sent from is not matched to the login of the customer in the Customer database.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
henry99
Znuny newbie

Post by henry99 »

Hi,
thanks for your reply. I thought thats what the "Company Tickets" menu is for? But even there certain tickets are noch displayed. Strangely even if the senders address is the same, one shows up and the other doesn't. CustomerGroupSupport was enabled.

I've now added the customeruser header to the postmaster filter, now the new tickets show up. But i still can't make the already existing tickets appear in the customer view.

Basically i'd expect all tickets in a queue to be visible when the user has full rights to that group. On the other hand i can see a benefit for agents to add notes or internal tickets to a queue which are not visible to the customer.
crythias

Post by crythias »

henry99 wrote:I thought thats what the "Company Tickets" menu is for?
Company Tickets matches CustomerID, not login.
henry99 wrote:Strangely even if the senders address is the same, one shows up and the other doesn't. CustomerGroupSupport was enabled.
This still doesn't mean the ticket has the customer login attached to it. Click customer on the offending ticket and choose the "real" customer.
henry99 wrote:CustomerGroupSupport was enabled.
crythias wrote:If on, Customers are members of CustomerGroupsAlwaysGroups and explicitly assigned groups.
crythias wrote:the Customer is a member of the group attached to the queue in which the ticket sits and the ticket's Customer_User_ID (login) matches the login ID of the logged in customer.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
crythias

Post by crythias »

henry99 wrote:Basically i'd expect all tickets in a queue to be visible when the user has full rights to that group.
I wouldn't. I'd expect the customer to only see her own tickets.
henry99
Znuny newbie

Post by henry99 »

Hi,

thanks for your clarifications. In the meantime I've figured out what the issue was. I'm importing the customers from our CRM db. Someone has changed to customer number in the CRM, now it does not match the customer number in the customer login. Who'd think of that :D

That explains why tickets suddenly stopped showing up in the company tickets view.

Thanks agin for your Help!!
stevros
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.9

Post by stevros »

Hello,
I have the same problem, I tried to follow your indications but with negative results.

Can you help me fix it?

Thank you