Setting Service/SLA to new ticket.

Moderator: crythias

interceptor011
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.9

Setting Service/SLA to new ticket.

Post by interceptor011 »

Hello,

is it possible to set Service/SLA to new ticket that came via email (I have user with that email address in Customer User database)?

The reason why I'm asking this is the implementation of system where users in Customer User database have bigger priority than users that are not in database. I want to set escalation for that emails.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Setting Service/SLA to new ticket.

Post by crythias »

the queue in which it sits is the default sla.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
interceptor011
Znuny newbie

Post by interceptor011 »

I'll try to be more specific.

When new email ticket arrive, I want to set escalation properties if someone in customer user database have that email address. I already set service and SLA, and I configured Customer-Services Relation.

OTRS detect that there is such username in customer user database, it shows his ID instead of email, but it wont apply SLA on that ticket.
crythias

Post by crythias »

SLA does not apply to customer. It either applies to the Queue (default) or the Service.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
interceptor011
Znuny newbie

Post by interceptor011 »

I have SLA that is applied to service, and Customer user which is related to that service. Everything works well when I try to select SLA and service via Web interface (Tickets -> New email ticket), but I want that to work for ticket that arrives via email ("fetched" form email server).
crythias

Post by crythias »

How do you know what service is applied from an email?
interceptor011
Znuny newbie

Post by interceptor011 »

There will be only one service. :)

I work for a company that have several thousand registered users. We want to give VIP treatment to "best" 1% of users. That means to answer their tickets as fast as possible. OTRS is used only internally, we don't want to give them access to customer panel. The only solution I could come up with is to make script that would add that users data directly to customer user table in OTRS DB. So, when they send e-mail from their e-mail account, we know that they are our "VIP" users, and after that we can somehow prioritize their tickets (e.g. via escalation). Is there easier way to do this or something similar?
crythias

Post by crythias »

if there is only one service, then the queue in which the ticket sits has the escalation.
interceptor011
Znuny newbie

Post by interceptor011 »

Is there a way to set a default queue where all tickets submitted via email will go, if sender is in CustomerUser database?
crythias

Post by crythias »

No, but it's possible (haven't tested) that PostmasterFilter customerID with @ can go to a different from default queue.
rvwmgk
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 4 Free

Post by rvwmgk »

Hello interceptor011,

What crythias suggested is correct:

- create a postmaster filter

- check email header: From
- value: (.+gmail.com|.+yahoo.com|.+hotmail.com|.+outlook.com)

- set email header: X-OTRS-Priority
- set value: 5 very high

In this example mail from those domains will be set to very high priority. Change according to your own needs.

Downside: if you have 5.000 customers and 1% is high priority that means 50 email addresses. You'll need several postmaster filters because they are limited to a certain number of characters... Sowwy.

SLA won't work.

Grtz,

R.