kalyana1315
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: OTRS3.3
Company: TATA Technologies

Queue Based survey

Post by kalyana1315 »

HI All,

we are using 8 queues.

for four queue one survey and other four queue one survey . that means we are trying two different survey based on queue

anyone help how to implement different survey based on queue ?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Queue Based survey

Post by crythias »

I use limeSurvey.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
kalyana1315
Znuny expert

Post by kalyana1315 »

crythias wrote:I use limeSurvey.
how to use limesurvey in OTRS ??
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I wrote a long HowTo on it previously, but in the end, I used LimeSurvey's pass-a-key-value-pair through web link instead.

How do I *use* it? well, since the survey(s) are created in Lime Survey, I just pass the URL to the survey on demand or via Notification (Event).

There's not a lot of magic that's explicitly needed that *otrs* holds the survey vs a third party built-for-survey app, unless you don't want the app to be semi-anonymous.

I personally pass the ticket number and ask the survey recipient to opine but don't explicitly have to know who submitted the survey.
http://manual.limesurvey.org/SGQA_identifier
http://manual.limesurvey.org/Workaround ... survey_URL

I realize it won't make sense to you until you get "into" LimeSurvey, but you'll probably want to pass at least the ticket number as a field (probably a hidden field in the survey).
You'd create a URL like

Code: Select all

http://yourserver/limesurvey/index.php?sid=12345&12345X44X194=<OTRS_TICKET_TicketNumber>
where 12345 = your LimeSurvey Survey ID
44=question group ID unique to your survey
194=Question ID unique to your survey

And since you can make more than one survey, you can use a different Notification (Event) for each queue or store the URL in a Response attached to the queue (better?) which means you can send the survey "on demand" if you want but customized for each queue...

Beyond that, how to install LimeSurvey, set up surveys, review surveys, assign permissions, is beyond the scope of this forum. I only bring it up because I'm not of the impression you'll be able to create per-queue surveys within OTRS, plus the ability to integrate by passing the ticket number isn't that obnoxious.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
kalyana1315
Znuny expert

Post by kalyana1315 »

Thank you :D :D :D