Znuny Version: 3.3.2
Company: VIVES

queue based on dynamic fields

Post by steeman »

Hello,
Suppose I have the following situation:
I have 3 dynamic fields (dropdown), each with 3 choices; so 27 combinations
I have 27 corresponding queues.

What is the easiest way (fastest way) to put those tickets in the corresponding queue.
Is it necessary to make 27 genericAgent jobs or is there a easier solution? Some perl code can perhaps make that task simpler?

Philip
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: queue based on dynamic fields

Post by crythias »

You can use ACL, but note that Queues are [groups of] agent that can provide support [for a given service].

If you have 27 queues because you have 27 [groups of] agents who provide support based upon other criteria, this would work. Otherwise, you might want to not link queues this way. Think smaller and don't repeat yourself. People work top down, and the first thing they'll see is the queue. There's no reason to include information from other fields in the queue name.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
steeman
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.2
Company: VIVES

Post by steeman »

We work a little bit different (for years now).
A queue is a collection of problems of the same type in a specific Campus (we are a institute for higher education). The agents subscribe on several queues dependent of their skills and mission.
A simplified example:
queues: CampusA::Software, CampusA::Hardware,CampusB::Software,CampusB::Hardware
Agent-A: subscribes to CampusA::Hardware
Agent-B: subscribes to CampusB::Hardware
Agent-C: subscribes to both Software-queues

In the past I did this by changing the source-code for the Customer-interface (version OTRS 2.1.2), but this is a lot of work, and I prefer to not do this again (the changes are incompatible with newer versions of OTRS). We have in our old OTRS-system 40 queues for 20 agents. With this change every new ticket gets in the correct queue based on e.g. Campus and Type of problem (2 extra fields)

Philip
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Given this, why choose the queue twice?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask