User Limit for Customers

Moderator: crythias

Mothra
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.2.11

User Limit for Customers

Post by Mothra »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Customers authenticated and authorised via LDAP; namely that there seems to be a limit on how many customers can be displayed in the Web UI.

The problem is that LDAP users don't seem to be associated with any groups (even after configuring Frontend::Customer>CustomerGroupAlwaysGroups), therefore, they cannot see any queues when they first log in.

I have about 4,000 customer users and am failing to get them assigned to a particular group because there is a limit of 1000 in the web UI somewhere.

Things I've tried:

Editing Kernel/Modules/AdminCustomerUserGroup and changing $SearchLimit to 4000.

Editing Kernel/Config.pm and changing the value of CustomerUserSearchListLimit (in the LDAP configurations) to 4000.

When I list the customers in the UI, instead of a limit of 200, I now have a limit of 1000... but not 4000, which is what I have configured.

Is there anything else I can try, or some easier way to add a bunch of users to a group?
OTRS 3.2.11 on Centos 6.4 with MySQL 5.0. Agents and internal customers authenticate via Active Directory.
Mothra
Znuny expert

Re: User Limit for Customers

Post by Mothra »

bump - can anyone explain the 1,000 user limit?
OTRS 3.2.11 on Centos 6.4 with MySQL 5.0. Agents and internal customers authenticate via Active Directory.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Mothra
Znuny expert

Post by Mothra »

Ah ok - I see I may be approaching a problem in the wrong way then.

The 1,000 user limit is preventing me from easily adding all users to a particular group or service.

Is there a safe way to do this through the UI, or is SQL a better approach?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Mothra wrote:1,000 user limit is preventing me from easily adding all users to a particular group or service.
All users? CustomerGroupsAlwaysGroups and default services.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=16398
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask