SMSgateway - Compose Reply TO field doesnt accept +

Moderator: crythias

sevensins
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 3.2.3

SMSgateway - Compose Reply TO field doesnt accept +

Post by sevensins »

Hello,

I have a running OTRS setup and recently we have integrated an SMS gateway in our infrastructure. The customer send an sms which is converted into an email and is sent to OTRS. The problem I am facing is that when an agent composes a reply/answer, the TO filed has .e.g +923216345809@smsgateway.abc.com, upon submission, It doesnot accept +923216345809@smsgateway.abc.com but if I remove the + from the beginning, the reply is accepted by otrs.

on the other hand, at the time of auto creating of the same ticket, the auto response from otrs does accept +923216345809@smsgateway.abc.com , and the email is sent.

Is there a way in OTRS that the restriction on compose answer form by an agent can + be accepted cause SMSgateway wont send the email reply untill there is a + sign infront of the number.

rgds
OTRS 3.2.3 :: ITSM 3.2.2
Windows 2008 AD Integration (agents and customers), SMSGateway integration
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja
Znuny Version: 6.0.13
Company: PBS Logitek GmbH

Re: SMSgateway - Compose Reply TO field doesnt accept +

Post by Wolfgangf »

... ore remove the + while converting SMS to mail ...
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13
Windows 2012 AD Integration (agents and customers), Nagios integration (incidents, CMDB), Survey, TimeAccounting
sevensins
Znuny newbie

Post by sevensins »

have tried but unfortunately the smsgateway is a locked code and doesnot have the functionality.

Please help if there is some restriction at OTRS end that can be removed or changed so that the reply TO can accept +

rgds
sevensins
Znuny newbie

Post by sevensins »

got it working to the time being by disabling

Framework -> Core -> CheckEmailAddresses.

even tough this does create a risk of invalid email addressing ,
arvas
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Post by arvas »

how did you get the sms gateway integrated and how much did it cost?
sevensins
Znuny newbie

Post by sevensins »

Hi!,

I used ActiveSMS - IntelliSoftware SMS Gateway pro version, that was for £299(+VAT), the GSM modem was Siemens for around 400$, Ran the sms gateway with its own inbuilt smtp with a subdomain name of my internal windows domain. .e.g. my internal domain abc.com and the subdomain is smsgateway.abc.com and my email server accepts user@abc.com (see attached img)

the smsgateway converts the sms to an email and sends it to support@abc.com with the sender number@smsgateway.abc.com, when replied to the number@smsgateway.abc.com from my mail server, the subdomain in the internal dns points towards the smsgateway server running ActiveSMS smtp on port 25, the smsgateway receives the email sent to number@smsgateway.abc.com, reads the number before the @smsgateway.abc.com, sends the message body as an SMS on that number.

It took me few hours of tweeking to get it working but do please remember the limitation of 160chars (if applicable) per sms.

hope this helps

Rgds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.