Auto responses after ticket closed

Moderator: crythias

bonez56
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.07

Auto responses after ticket closed

Post by bonez56 »

Hi,

I'm sick and tired of people replying to a closed ticket only to say "Thanks!", which in turn re-opens the ticket and I have to go in and close it again. It's nice that they're saying thanks and all, but it's doubling my workload!
I had a look in the Auto Response section and tried to enable the auto reject response but it doesn't seem to be sending out email.

I would like OTRS to send an email back to the customer when they reply to a closed ticket that will notify them the ticket is closed and if they need further assistance they need to open a new ticket.

Can this be done? If so, could someone kindly point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Auto responses after ticket closed

Post by crythias »

I feel your pain.
:) Check your followup after closed in the Queue Settings.

Other options:
  • Just don't let them know the ticket is closed. This is not incredibly horrible idea, even though you might get "did you fix it?" questions from the customer, to which the response should be, "Are you encountering the same issue? No? Then it's fixed. :) :) :)
  • Set your "closed" message to be "Pending AutoClose Successful" +1-2 days ... if they reply "thanks", you can close the ticket without notification, otherwise it will close at schedule.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
bonez56
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.07

Post by bonez56 »

Thanks, I managed to get it to work correctly by enabling the auto response, linking it with the queue and under the queue preferences setting follow up to "Reject".

Now when a customer replies to a closed ticket they get an email saying their follow up has been rejected and if they need further assistance please open a new ticket.
arvas
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Post by arvas »

wow thanks! i always ignored the auto close status, now i know how i can use it!