[Help] Mail Notification after create a new user

Moderator: crythias

skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

[Help] Mail Notification after create a new user

Post by skullz »

Hi, afternoon..
Did the otrs has a function to send mail notification to new agent or new customer (created from ADMIN PANEL)..
the mail should inform the new agent/customer that their account had been created.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: [Help] Mail Notification after create a new user

Post by crythias »

Yes.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
skullz
Znuny superhero

Post by skullz »

crythias wrote:Yes.
thanks for the info..
can you point me the details??i means on how to setup it so the system can send an email notification automatically after the agent/customer had been created..
i had read the manual..its only for notification for the ticket & customer signup...

sorry for the english..
crythias

Post by crythias »

Oh, I'm sorry. I misread this.
There is no direct provision to send an email notification that an account has been created in the Admin Panel.

Agents shouldn't need it and Customers ... well, it's almost useless, but I suppose there could be a point to it.

Useless because unless a customer is going to create a ticket *right now*, this notification is likely to be lost and you'll still get the, "What's my login again?" ... meanwhile, I have the following in my signature:

Login: <OTRS_CUSTOMER_DATA_UserLogin>
Forgot your password? http://otrsdomain/otrs/customer.pl#Reset

Which means that all correspondence from otrs has enough information.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
skullz
Znuny superhero

Post by skullz »

crythias wrote:Oh, I'm sorry. I misread this.
There is no direct provision to send an email notification that an account has been created in the Admin Panel.

Agents shouldn't need it and Customers ... well, it's almost useless, but I suppose there could be a point to it.

Useless because unless a customer is going to create a ticket *right now*, this notification is likely to be lost and you'll still get the, "What's my login again?" ... meanwhile, I have the following in my signature:

Login: <OTRS_CUSTOMER_DATA_UserLogin>
Forgot your password? http://otrsdomain/otrs/customer.pl#Reset

Which means that all correspondence from otrs has enough information.
thanks for the explanation..
so at this time, in order to notify agent/customer about their new account,
i will send it manually through Admin Notification panel..
alfl
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.14
Company: Lex IT

Post by alfl »

I know this is a bit older question, but i was also looking to send an automated email to my customers if they are created in otrs.

If i, however, follow youre advice to enter the data in my signature it only enters an '-' sign as user name and not the users login name if i create a new customer ticket. Is this also an setting which i need to change ?? and what setting can this be ?

Is there otherwise an feature request to make to have this option to send an automated mail with the customer data ?
Mail server is exchange, otrs is running on Ubuntu 18.04LTS, OTRS version is 6.0.28
crythias

Post by crythias »

alfl wrote:enter the data in my signature it only enters an '-' sign as user name
I have this in autoresponse as well as signature. Signature doesn't know who the customer is at creation of new ticket, because it's generated before customer is chosen.
alfl wrote:Is there otherwise an feature request to make to have this option to send an automated mail with the customer data ?
Might be. As I've said, this is somewhat useless, error prone, and potential security risk as you're sending credentials in plain text.

All my autoresponses let the customer know what her login is and how to change it. If she's not a customer, she gets a (-) for login. I don't want to deal with users forgetting password. When I set up customers, I don't tell them what their password is.

If this were internal/ldap/AD, her credentials would be her desktop login.

Further, I don't really want OTRS to record anything about plain text OTRS passwords.
alfl
Znuny newbie

Post by alfl »

I agree about passwords, but without an username it will be difficult for the customer to create an reset password, and this is what i wanted to send automaticaly after creating an customer.
Mail server is exchange, otrs is running on Ubuntu 18.04LTS, OTRS version is 6.0.28
alfl
Znuny newbie

Post by alfl »

I found the perfect solution here:
https://otrsteam.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Se ... 0636-10369

I don't know if this is allready implemented in otrs 3.2.2 but i installed the patch (in linux copy the file to the installation folder /opt/otrs and run the patch file with command: patch -i <patchfile>)
I received two errors but the solution works perfect.

After running the patch you need to enable the features by going to Systemconfiguration and search for AdminCustomerUser::NewCustomerSendWelcomeEmail

I also use the advice to enter the details in my signature, so the customer should now be aware that he is created in the helpdesk software and by using the signature he can't forget his login name....
alfl
Znuny newbie

Post by alfl »

I know this is an old post, but is this patch implemented in the newer release(s) ?

I still use the patch and updated the code to use in the later 3.3 versions but i want to upgrade to the latest version available as support for 3.3 is now obsolete

Can anyone confirm or say that this is now build in in the version 6 and onwards ?