make Customer ID field a search-ahead field

Moderator: crythias

ccummings
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.8
Company: IIT

make Customer ID field a search-ahead field

Post by ccummings »

For the sake of data integrity...is there anyway to make Customer ID a search-ahead field (searching existing Customer IDs). The default free-text field requires our agents to enter the exact Customer ID as it already exists every time...or risk ending up with multiple Company IDs for one company.

Some of our customer company's have names...and some have numbers...and some have both. For example...

Company name = 70 Sarasota

When a new customer calls in from this location...one agent might enter "70" for the Customer ID...another agent might enter "70 Sarasota"...and another agent might enter "Sarasota". So, we'd end up with 3 IDs for one company.

A search-ahead field like the one used for "From Customer" would be ideal.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: make Customer ID field a search-ahead field

Post by crythias »

enable customer company support, one option
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
ccummings
Znuny newbie

Post by ccummings »

I was under the impression that customer compnay support was enabled by default. I have imported a long list of companies and customers....and when I create a new ticket I can type a customer id in the "From Customer" field and see a list of customers with that CustomerID pop up. I'd like this to happen in the CustomerID field when I enter a CustomerID that already exists. See screenshots below.

If enabling customer company support will enable this...how do I enable customer company support? The admin guide is a bit sparse on customer company.
New phone ticket - From Customer Search-ahead - OTRS.png
New customer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias

Post by crythias »

It needs to be enabled in the CustomerUser section.
Check Defaults.pm, copy the relevant CustomerUser section to Config.pm and modify there.
For instance, this is "default" for database, with CustomerCompanySupport enabled. (lots of comments removed, too). The Map may have been extended in 3.1. This is a 3.0 Map.

Code: Select all

$Self->{CustomerUser} = {
        Name   => 'Database Backend',
        Module => 'Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB',
        Params => {
            Table => 'customer_user',
            CaseSensitive => 0,
        },

# customer uniq id
        CustomerKey => 'login',

# customer #
        CustomerID             => 'customer_id',
        CustomerValid          => 'valid_id',
        CustomerUserListFields => [ 'first_name', 'last_name', 'email' ],

CustomerUserSearchFields           => [ 'login', 'first_name', 'last_name', 'customer_id' ],
        CustomerUserSearchPrefix           => '*',
        CustomerUserSearchSuffix           => '*',
        CustomerUserSearchListLimit        => 250,
        CustomerUserPostMasterSearchFields => ['email'],
        CustomerUserNameFields     => [ 'title', 'first_name', 'last_name' ],
        CustomerUserEmailUniqCheck => 1,

CustomerCompanySupport => 1,
        Map => [

# note: Login, Email and CustomerID needed!
            # var, frontend, storage, shown (1=always,2=lite), required, storage-type, http-link, readonly, http-link-target
            [ 'UserTitle',      'Title',      'title',      1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserFirstname',  'Firstname',  'first_name', 1, 1, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserLastname',   'Lastname',   'last_name',  1, 1, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserLogin',      'Username',   'login',      1, 1, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserPassword',   'Password',   'pw',         0, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserEmail',      'Email',      'email',      1, 1, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'customer_id', 0, 1, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserPhone',        'Phone',       'phone',        1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserFax',          'Fax',         'fax',          1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserMobile',       'Mobile',      'mobile',       1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserStreet',       'Street',      'street',       1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserZip',          'Zip',         'zip',          1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserCity',         'City',        'city',         1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserCountry',      'Country',     'country',      1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserComment',      'Comment',     'comments',     1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'ValidID',          'Valid',       'valid_id',     0, 1, 'int', '', 0 ],
        ],

# default selections
        Selections => {

#            UserTitle => {
#                'Mr.' => 'Mr.',
#                'Mrs.' => 'Mrs.',
#            },
        },
    };
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
ccummings
Znuny newbie

Post by ccummings »

I've enabled customer company support....and now I get a drop down for Customer ID...but the only option is "test test". I don't see all the existing Customer IDs anymore.
crythias

Post by crythias »

ccummings wrote:I don't see all the existing Customer IDs anymore.
Because they don't exist as Companies. You'll need to add them.
ccummings
Znuny newbie

Post by ccummings »

I'm confused. They certainly seem to exist as companies...
Screenshot-Customer Companies - Admin - OTRS - Mozilla Firefox.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias

Post by crythias »

It may be that you need to enable CustomerCompanySupport for a different CustomerUser source. (?)
ccummings
Znuny newbie

Post by ccummings »

We are just using the DB...no other source.
crythias

Post by crythias »

What was the customer ID for random customer?

I may be missing where you're not seeing this information.
ccummings
Znuny newbie

Post by ccummings »

I'm not sure what you're asking me? The screenshots in my 3rd post illustrate what I'm looking for and where.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to make the CustomerID field (when creating a new customer), act like the "From Customer" field (when creating a new phone ticket).

If a CustomerID of 45 already exist...then when I create a new customer...and I type 4 or 45 into the CustomerID field...I want it to search-ahead and show me a list of existing Customer IDs containing 4 or 45 (like the From Customer field does when creating a new ticket).

451 Sarasota
H&L 4
H&L 45
etc.

Otherwise, I see no way of maintaining any data integrity for this field....one agent may enter "451"...another may enter "451 Sarasota"...another may enter "Sarasota", etc. A drop-down would work too...but a search-ahead field would be ideal since we could enter new CustomerIDs when they didn't already exist.
crythias

Post by crythias »

The screenshots in your third post are pre-CustomerCompanySupport. OTRS's path to accomplish what you need is to enable it. I don't know what's custom on your site, (or your version?) that doesn't make this work. Maybe it's because there is no "Valid" for your Companies.
ccummings
Znuny newbie

[SOLVED] make Customer ID field a search-ahead field

Post by ccummings »

That's correct. Then after enabling customer company support in Config.pm, the CustomerID field changes from a free text field to a drop-down containing only "test test". This install is about as close to default as you can get.

However, you hit the nail on the head. The companies were all invalid. I'm pretty sure they were all valid before, but maybe not.

Thanks for the help.
SuperDOS
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.3

Post by SuperDOS »

Hi is this function still active in version 4 of OTRS because I can't get it to work even if I've enabled CustomerCompanySupport in config.pm?
Really need the ajaxfunction for CustomerID so you can just type ahead an choose company.
SuperDOS
Znuny newbie

Post by SuperDOS »

ok got company support activated.

Still wonder if anyone has made it possible so you can just type ahead an choose company in the Customer ID field.
SuperDOS
Znuny newbie

Post by SuperDOS »

Can't we reuse the same function that's used when searching for customer in the customer information center dialogue?
input type="text" id="AgentCustomerInformationCenterSearchCustomerID" class="W90pc ui-autocomplete-input" autocomplete="off"
vhilly27
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs 5

Post by vhilly27 »

SuperDOS wrote:Can't we reuse the same function that's used when searching for customer in the customer information center dialogue?
input type="text" id="AgentCustomerInformationCenterSearchCustomerID" class="W90pc ui-autocomplete-input" autocomplete="off"
any one knows how to do this?