Agent Notifications not working?

Moderator: crythias

bleitner
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.4
Company: temboo

Agent Notifications not working?

Post by bleitner »

I'm trying to understand what Agent Notifications are in the Admin area under Ticket Settings. It was my understanding that they're default notifications that are sent to Agents upon events. For instance, Agent::NewTicket would send out an email notification when a new ticket is created. Is that accurate?

If so, it doesn't seem to be working for me. I can create Notification (Event) based on the same event - Create Ticket, and an email notification will be sent so I know emails work. And if I look in the System Log I don't see that any notifications are send except the one's I've defined.

Is something not working as expected or are the Agent Notifications for something else?

Thanks,
Bob
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Agent Notifications not working?

Post by crythias »

Agents get notifications if they have notifications enabled in preferences, and they have the particular queue highlighted in their My Queues.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
bleitner
Znuny newbie

Post by bleitner »

Ok, thank you, that worked. Is there anywhere to globally set those for agents/groups?

I assume that there are no customer notifications pre-configured, like an email replay to a customer who opened a ticket, and have to be configured in the Notification (Event) area?

Thanks,
Bob
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

bleitner wrote:Is there anywhere to globally set those for agents/groups?
No, because it's user preferences. At least, as far as I can tell, unless you want to edit the database or something.
bleitner wrote:I assume that there are no customer notifications pre-configured, like an email replay to a customer who opened a ticket, and have to be configured in the Notification (Event) area?
NotificaTionS (generally) go to ageNTS.
(auto)ResponseS (assigned to queues) go to customeRS.
OK, so it's a lousy mnemonic. You'll probably never forget it, but ...

The AutoResponse, if any, assigned to a queue in which a new ticket is created determines whether the customer gets notification about the ticket.
A *response* (or Reply) is a template that you'd use in <that word> to a customer.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
bleitner
Znuny newbie

Post by bleitner »

crythias wrote: NotificaTionS (generally) go to ageNTS.
(auto)ResponseS (assigned to queues) go to customeRS.
OK, so it's a lousy mnemonic. You'll probably never forget it, but ...
Ah ha, you're right, I'll never forget it! Helps explain a lot actually, thank you :)