AMSORT
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: newest
Company: AMSORT Sp. z o.o.

Answering to customer requests

Post by AMSORT »

I would like to start using OTRS as a ticket answering system
But I have some doubts about it.
Is it possible that several people may trace customer requests and answer to it?
If yes then how we can protect system that there will be no answers to these reqest from several people (by mistake)

regards

Marek
dylan650
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.2

Re: Answering to customer requests

Post by dylan650 »

I don't understand your question. Can you rephrase it? Can you provide an example?

I just started using OTRS for a few months now and I have to say that it is probably the best open source ticketing system I've come across. I like it even more than RT.

The customization is easy to do. The interface is clean and there are hardly any noticeable bugs. I don't see any crashes or any bad coding. I set it up and it just works like they say it does.

I'm setup on RHEL 5.8 with MySQL, Apache and Perl. I really couldn't believe I had OTRS up and running in about 15 minutes. Although, I have to tell you that I'm an experienced Linux Administrator and so installing MySQL, Apache, Perl is an everyday thing for me. Then, the OTRS package was a simple rpm install. When you log in for the first time, it even detects no DB and creates it for you on the fly (I heard this is only true for MySQL but hey, that was still awesome)
AMSORT
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: newest
Company: AMSORT Sp. z o.o.

Post by AMSORT »

Assume we want to set that three people at our company may watch customer requests (concurently). And one of them (who has a time) will answer to it. But it may happen that all of them will send replly to the same customer (because they cannot see what is doing his colleague).

So I would like how we can protect us agains such coincidence

Marek
dylan650
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.2

Post by dylan650 »

Otrs has a feature for you. When an Someone becomes an owner, the ticket gets locked. Only the owner may reply. Unless you setup ticket responsibility then the responsible agent may reply.