Install Question

Moderator: crythias

dkingrey
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0

Install Question

Post by dkingrey »

I am trying out OTRS and I want to run it on my website which is hosted by Godaddy. How do I install OTRS on my hosting service? I cannot find ANY documentation on how to do this.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Install Question

Post by crythias »

Unless you have shell (ssh) and root (administrator) access, you'll find this hard to do with a shared host. I'd recommend either amazon web services (you can get a full micro instance for free/very cheap!) or run on your own server/virtual machine.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
dkingrey
Znuny newbie

Post by dkingrey »

Ahh I see. Thank you very much for your help!
dkingrey
Znuny newbie

Post by dkingrey »

Is it possible to use one of the pre-built packages in a micro-instance or will I have to do the manual install?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

It's suggested to do the manual install, but you might be able to install a microinstance with Ubuntu or another OS that has a .deb or .rpm
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask