How can I assign Services to NON-Customers?

Moderator: crythias

shostakovich
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2.5

How can I assign Services to NON-Customers?

Post by shostakovich »

Hi,

we're using the Criticality-Impact->Priority matrix and therefore we're using services. All our services are defined as default services, so the- y apply to every customer.

There's a problem: in incoming mail or when creating an email ticket to someone, who is not customer, the ticket will be created without a customer binding. Services can not be assigned and so the whole criticality/impact/prio calculation is not available.

- I'd love to expand the default services to anybody, no matter if he's in a customer backend or not. Is there a possibility to achieve this?

TIA
Michael

P.S.: I'm also thinking about having it auto creating customers, but I doubt the services list would be fed at emailticket create time.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: How can I assign Services to NON-Customers?

Post by crythias »

Incoming mail can be set for X-OTRS-Service in PostMasterFilter.

Edit Default Services in Customer<->Services
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
shostakovich
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2.5

Post by shostakovich »

Thanks Crythias, but:
crythias wrote:Incoming mail can be set for X-OTRS-Service in PostMasterFilter.
The problem is, the Criticality-Impact-Prio is set with AJAX while user interacts in OTRS forms. So our agents set Type/Service/Priority of incoming mail manually. But they cannot set a service, because no one is definable if a Ticket has no user. If I set it via Postmaster filter, the value for Service probably will be deleted in the form.
If I create an E-mail ticket for someone, who's not customer, I also cannot set a service.
Edit Default Services in Customer<->Services
Yes, but as I said, this is about Non-Customers.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

You can't. Probably because services have implication of SLA (even if not) but the other implication is the service has to be purchased from you as a provider, and it's just as likely to assign a purchased product to a person who walks through your door as a service that they didn't buy as your customer.

This doesn't answer your question, and I understand that, but that's the (apparent) logic behind why you can't do what you ask.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask