Debian Install - Create Data Base Problem

Moderator: crythias

John Castaldo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs-3.0.9.tar.gz
Company: South Carolina ETV

Debian Install - Create Data Base Problem

Post by John Castaldo »

I've gotten everything to work except when you create the MySQL Database, on the mail settings I cannot get the check mail configuration test to work. I can ping the server, and an external email program works fine. but the mail test on step three of the create MySQL database will not work.

Any suggestions?
renee
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Re: Debian Install - Create Data Base Problem

Post by renee »

What does the log say? What have you configured?
Need a Perl/OTRS developer? You can contact me at info@perl-services.de
John Castaldo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs-3.0.9.tar.gz
Company: South Carolina ETV

Re: Debian Install - Create Data Base Problem

Post by John Castaldo »

I follwoed the Debian Install instructions exactly. The only thing I added was the sshserver to allow Putty access.
Just to be clear, the install went fine, and everything is working.

My Question was related to the install process from the wiki page for the Debian install. On the step for Web Installer, you go to http://127.0.0.1/otrs/installer.pl to create the Data Base. You get a GUI from MySQL with four steps. 1 accept the license, 2. provide basic info for the DB with a test function to insure everything is correct, my system pass this test, 3. enter an email account for SMTP and IMAP for MySQL to send and receive email. There is a check email settings test which I could not not get to work properly. I have tested the email account, pinged the email server and even sent email using this account and a Linux email app from this server. But the test on MySQL would not work. MySQL allows you to skip this step which I did. Once person suggested that with the OTRS interface, this email function might no longer work, which seems reasonable.

Which log do you want me to check? I am new to OTRS and want to ensure I'm checking in the correct spot for you.