Moderator: crythias

Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Ignore System-Sender Articles

Post by Giulio Soleni »

Hi,
I would like to stop the system notification and auto responses from the chain of articles that comprise a ticket.
I notice that there is a property: Core::Ticket::NewArticleIgnoreSystemSender (default is No) that can be set just for this reason.
I set it to Yes but nothing changed... I still have all my tickets full of system notifications (see attached pic.) I would like to get rid.

Is there anything else that should I configure?

Thank you in advance,
Giulio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Ignore System-Sender Articles

Post by crythias »

I don't believe such a toggle would or should be retroactively data destructive, which is why you're not seeing a difference on existing tickets. It Ignores System Sender for New Articles.

There's a possibility to filter/ignore this in the list, but it might need to change some code.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

crythias wrote:I don't believe such a toggle would or should be retroactively data destructive
... ok, but that in the example was a pretty new ticket, not an old one.

I am afraid that, since I have changed the email settings for the System mail account, it is no more correctly recognized by the system.
I hope that has not compromised my system :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
Goofball
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.8

Post by Goofball »

Were you ever able to find a resolution for this? I'm seeing the same thing on a brand new system I'm building out.

The system sender articles show on new and old tickets even with Ticket::NewArticleIgnoreSystemSender set to YES.
OTRS 3.0.11 on FreeBSD 8.2
FAQ 2.0.7 module installed.
Active Directory LDAP for Agent Login and Customer DB Integration.
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

All 'Core::Ticket::NewArticleIgnoreSystemSender' would do is not make the ticket to appear to have new articles if the unread article is from the system.

You would need to do a filter or change some of the underlying code...
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText