How to Force the Queues in Customer portal

Dont create your support topics here! No new topics with questions allowed!

Moderator: crythias

Forum rules
Dont create your support topics here! No new topics with questions allowed!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

How to Force the Queues in Customer portal

Post by crythias »

UPDATE 6/4/2014: you may also use sysconfig to choose the default queue (This post is very old and doesn't reflect all 3.x+ options)

This thread is important: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=4830#p25069

First: The reason that (-) is set as the default "To:" is so customers don't blindly choose the wrong queue to send to. If you use Queues to categorize and departmentalize tickets, customers can select the Queue that pertains to their situation. (Printing, computer down, email down, plumbing, maintenance). If you use queues and subqueues well, your customers can help you.

Sometimes, though, you have too many customers who just want to submit a ticket to anyone who can answer.

Your options:
1) inbound email goes to one queue
2) Restrict the Queues available globally through Custom Queues in Sysconfig
3) Restrict the Queues available to a customer via Customer Groups
4) Set a Default Queue. The Wiki says
Setting a default queue

You can set a default queue by change the SysConfig Option "Action" in Frontend::Customer::ModuleRegistration below "Ticket"-Group to something like:

Action=CustomerTicketMessage;Subaction=StoreNew;Dest=1||Postmaster

where 1 is the Queue ID and Postmaster is the queue name.
---
and of course, you can change the dtl to force a hidden Queue Destination (see the link).
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
altjx
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: None

Re: How to Force the Queues in Customer portal

Post by altjx »

Thanks for this. Mine is set to Action=CustomerTicketMessage;Subaction=StoreNew;Dest=5||IT Help Desk

Now when we go to the customer side and click new ticket, it shows that next to the default queue, however, we get "One or more errors has occurred" pop up and it shows the subject box focused showing "This field is required".
OTRS 3.1.6
coop75
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Re: How to Force the Queues in Customer portal

Post by coop75 »

altjx wrote:Now when we go to the customer side and click new ticket, it shows that next to the default queue, however, we get "One or more errors has occurred" pop up and it shows the subject box focused showing "This field is required".
Hi altx!
Add this on the same line:
;Expand=1
So you will get: Action=CustomerTicketMessage;Subaction=StoreNew;Dest=5||IT Help Desk;Expand=1
That worked for me, but I still don't understand why we need Dest and name on that line, because I don't see any difference if I change there..
/Coop