OTRS Telephone and Customer Template Tickets

Dont create your support topics here! No new topics with questions allowed!

Moderator: crythias

Forum rules
Dont create your support topics here! No new topics with questions allowed!
diginin
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: CVS

OTRS Telephone and Customer Template Tickets

Post by diginin »

Shawn Beasley
Contact me per XING
Contact me per LinkedIN

OTRS CVS on Ubuntu Stable.

signature by diginin74, on Flickr

Computers are like air conditioners, when you open windows they are useless.

P.S. (für Leser meiner Deutschtexte) Rechtschreibfehler bitte mit s/.*/$KORREKTUR/ ersetzen.
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Re: OTRS Telephone and Customer Template Tickets

Post by Giulio Soleni »

Great tutorial!
To complete the whole thing it would be really nice if the customer him/herself may compose and save a ticket template and then chose the template from a menu, instead of one single "ticket template" button.

Anyhow thank you very much for your hints! :)
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
diginin
Znuny expert

Post by diginin »

Wow, so you want to not solve problems but have them repeat. That is job security :D How would the help you? Is there a real need for this? Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.
Shawn Beasley
Contact me per XING
Contact me per LinkedIN

P.S. (für Leser meiner Deutschtexte) Rechtschreibfehler bitte mit s/.*/$KORREKTUR/ ersetzen.
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

well... tickets are not opened for troubles only.

Just for example, I have defined a queue to open request for the management of users in our Active Directory and Exchange. Responsibles of our Business Units open tickets to require the deletion of a user when some employee gets out of our company or to add a user if there is a new recruit.
Other examples could be the requirements for new instances of Virtual Machines...

In general, you may think of each type of recurrent request that may be organized through a web form or checklist.
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I'd recommend taking a look at this: http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=8032
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
diginin
Znuny expert

Post by diginin »

Giulio Soleni wrote:well... tickets are not opened for troubles only.

Just for example, I have defined a queue to open request for the management of users in our Active Directory and Exchange. Responsibles of our Business Units open tickets to require the deletion of a user when some employee gets out of our company or to add a user if there is a new recruit.
Other examples could be the requirements for new instances of Virtual Machines...

In general, you may think of each type of recurrent request that may be organized through a web form or checklist.
Again, I can only add, I would never let a user dictate what they send my service representative as a request. We are talking more RfC then just a template to ask them to please not forget some information in their request. I used a set of php web forms to accomplish change management in my earlier company. The requests were sent via email and parsed into the correct part of OTRS.

None the less, there is a module for agents to do just that. http://opar.perl-services.de/bin/index. ... etTemplate, maybe you can contact the author about your idea.
Shawn Beasley
Contact me per XING
Contact me per LinkedIN

crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

A bit of help if you want to include a hyperlink in the body of a template (use single quotes):

Code: Select all

<a href='http://www.google.com/'>Google</a>
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
steveosiris
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by steveosiris »

Giulio Soleni wrote:Great tutorial!
To complete the whole thing it would be really nice if the customer him/herself may compose and save a ticket template and then chose the template from a menu, instead of one single "ticket template" button.

Anyhow thank you very much for your hints! :)
I agree, the tutorial was really great, and helped me out a lot, as I have been trying to integrate the system with my VoIP Hardware, but it would be very nice if there was more control to create our own ticket templates in the process :) Other than that, I thought the tutorial was very helpful!
schaffel
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.X
Company: SyroCon Consulting GmbH

Post by schaffel »

Very nice Video tut.
But the problem we have in our company is that there is more than one customer company, and not everyone should be able to use every template.
In another thread there was the possibility to pre fill the tickets by URL. These links where located in the navigation bar, and it was possible to assign permission groups to them.
Is there a possibility to implement permissions for Ticket creation form?
production: OTRS 5.0.X | OTRS:ITSM 5.0.X | AWS-RDS MariaDB 10.1.X | CentOS 7

Gibt es im Raum Frankfurt/Darmstadt OTRS/ITSM-Benutzer, die an einem Erfahrungsaustausch interessiert sind? Dann meldet euch um mit Gleichgesinnten über OTRS in der Praxis und den ganzen Rest zu reden.