Ticket Edit Options

Moderator: crythias

Firewalk
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.7

Ticket Edit Options

Post by Firewalk »

Is there an option that will allow me to edit multiple fields of a single ticket at once? I'm trying to avoid having to enter the 'customer' then 'owner' and then 'priority' etc menu screens.

I see the 'edit' menu item that appears in the ITSM module. Is there a similar function for the default ticketing system in OTRS?

Thanks,

Matt
OTRS 3.0.7 and ITSM 3.0.2 on Fedora 14 with MySQL database
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Ticket Edit Options

Post by crythias »

Why would you need to edit customer and owner separately? If the customer submitted the ticket, the owner should be locked to the ticket. If the agent created the ticket, he'd probably be able to set the priority, customer, and owner at the same screen.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Firewalk
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.7

Post by Firewalk »

I guess the better explanation would be ...

I have a ticket that comes in from a customer, it goes to a standard queue by default. The customer has entered a priority of 5 because everything is a high priority to the customer. Agents are monitoring that queue and see the ticket come in. By default it's still owned by and the responsibility the OTRS Admin agent (postmaster in this case.) As the managing agent, I want to be able to change the owner, which queue the ticket is assigned to, who's responsible for it, the real priority etc. To current do that, I have to select each individual option from the menu bar. I'm looking for a way to simplify that. So that I can see the new ticket in the queue, open it to make all the changes at once and close the window.

Does that make better sense?
OTRS 3.0.7 and ITSM 3.0.2 on Fedora 14 with MySQL database
ffgasoto
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Post by ffgasoto »

I would also like to know if there is a way of achieving this.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Add the required fields (click yes/enable) in SysConfig:
Edit Config Settings in Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewOwner

Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketOwner###Priority

Unfortunately, you'll still be required to edit the customer and owner separately.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask