Moderator: crythias

jrcunha
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.2
Company: OpServices

ITSM Integration

Post by jrcunha »

Hi guys,

I'm using OTRS with the ITSM module (3.0.2). I already have Service Catalogs and Config Items registered into another application. I need to known if i can use some sort of API, like SOAP, to bring these information to the ITSM module. I took a look in the documentation but i just found some generic information about the webservice support.

Can you guys show me how to ( if possible ) do it?

Tks in advance.

Junior Cunha
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja
Znuny Version: 6.0.13
Company: PBS Logitek GmbH

Re: ITSM Integration

Post by Wolfgangf »

you could use the Import/Export Module which is probably the most easy option
and of course you can develop code in Perl using SOAP or the API

I'd suggest taking a look at Import/Export first - this works fine for me
for instance: I'm exporting hosts, ... from Nagios and importing it into ITSM
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13
Windows 2012 AD Integration (agents and customers), Nagios integration (incidents, CMDB), Survey, TimeAccounting
jrcunha
Znuny newbie

Post by jrcunha »

Tks for your response Wolfgangf.

Are you doing this (import/export) manually? I'm also trying to integrate a nagios database with the itsm module. I have lots of nagios instances running in different places with +5000 hosts, and this config is always changing. I meant to have a central CMDB with these info. I also meant to integrate with our inventory application.
Right now, i'm writing a SOAP interface using the Perl API to make my life easier. I think it will be finished next week. I can share the code without problems.

Regards.
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja

Post by Wolfgangf »

Hi,

no I'm running
- export scripts via cron on the Nagios host(s)
- transferring files to OTRS host
- made some Import/Export definitions in OTRS
- running /opt/otrs/bin/ImportExport.pl also from cron

Everything automatic and pretty simple :)
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13
Windows 2012 AD Integration (agents and customers), Nagios integration (incidents, CMDB), Survey, TimeAccounting
jrcunha
Znuny newbie

Post by jrcunha »

Whoow Wolfgangf ... your approach looks very interesting ... i'll take a look on it ...

Can i change any information about the config item (deployment state, incidents, class definitions) and also keep the previous versions with the import schema?

Regards.
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja

Post by Wolfgangf »

yep - every update create a new version and you and can view older versions by clicking on "Show Versions"
BR
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13
solefald
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.7

Post by solefald »

Wolfgangf wrote: - export scripts via cron on the Nagios host(s)
Wolfgangf, do you mind sharing a little more info about this? I would like to know more about exporting things from Nagios.
RHEL 5.8 :( / OTRS 3.2.0beta2 / SystemMonitoring
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja

Post by Wolfgangf »

No problem:

- Nagios is running with the ndo module, so everything is written to a mysql database
- now I'm running a script which picks up nag_hosts from this database and select hosts with some rules (groups, ...)
- information is written into a comma separated, " delimited file according to an Import/Export definition and transferred to OTRS host
- Import run via cron

does that help?
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13
solefald
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.7

Post by solefald »

Wolfgangf wrote:No problem:

- Nagios is running with the ndo module, so everything is written to a mysql database
- now I'm running a script which picks up nag_hosts from this database and select hosts with some rules (groups, ...)
- information is written into a comma separated, " delimited file according to an Import/Export definition and transferred to OTRS host
- Import run via cron

does that help?
yes! thank you! i was just devising a plan to export information from objects.cache and parse that into CSV, but with mysql its even easier, plus we are using (now abandoned... again) Lilac web configurator thingy, so everything is in mysql already.

thanks again
RHEL 5.8 :( / OTRS 3.2.0beta2 / SystemMonitoring
cryptoroot
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.3
Company: Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad

Post by cryptoroot »

Wolfgangf wrote:yep - every update create a new version and you and can view older versions by clicking on "Show Versions"
BR
Hi, I know the thread is old but are you sure when I import to otrs from csv it keeps the CI?. I tried before but I see the CI got a new ID, then opened tickets lost the link to the last CI. Now I'm trying to make something similar with GLPI, keeps just 1 central CMDB in GLPI and share with OTRS but keeping the versioning.
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja

Post by Wolfgangf »

Hi, I know the thread is old but are you sure when I import to otrs from csv it keeps the CI?. I tried before but I see the CI got a new ID, then opened tickets lost the link to the last CI. Now I'm trying to make something similar with GLPI, keeps just 1 central CMDB in GLPI and share with OTRS but keeping the versioning.
you need to check your import definition; one value of the csv has to act as a key feld
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13