Moderator: crythias

guilhermemeijomil
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.8
Company: SQL Intelligence

Error fetching emails

Post by guilhermemeijomil »

Hello, I'm getting an error message when fetching emails on OTRS 3.38

MAPS: Auth for user xxxxxxxx/outlook.office365.com failed!

Code: Select all

Backend ERROR: OTRS-CGI-35 Perl: 5.10.1 OS: linux Time: Wed Oct 19 12:11:35 2022 Message: IMAPS: Auth for user ams.fgc@sqltech.com.br/outlook.office365.com failed! RemoteAddress: 172.22.1.2 RequestURI: /otrs/index.pl?Action=AdminMailAccount;Subaction=Run;ID=12;ChallengeToken=E5vp7OHVotWcecHRidj3MOFBPXnBjoRV; Traceback (1798): Module: Kernel::System::MailAccount::IMAP::_Fetch (OTRS 3.3.8) Line: 124 Module: Kernel::System::MailAccount::IMAP::Fetch (OTRS 3.3.8) Line: 77 Module: Kernel::System::MailAccount::MailAccountFetch (OTRS 3.3.8) Line: 427 Module: Kernel::Modules::AdminMailAccount::Run (OTRS 3.3.8) Line: 64 Module: Kernel::System::Web::InterfaceAgent::Run (OTRS 3.3.8) Line: 871 Module: ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::opt_otrs_bin_cgi_2dbin_index_2epl::handler (unknown version) Line: 41 Module: (eval) (v1.99) Line: 204 Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run (v1.99) Line: 204 Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler (v1.99) Line: 170 Module: ModPerl::Registry::handler (v1.99) Line: 31
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Error fetching emails

Post by root »

Hi,

Pretty simple. Authentication failed with outlook.office365.com could indicate:

- wrong username
- wrong password
- access method (IMAP/POP3) not enabled for the mailbox
- not using modern authentication (OAuth 2)

My guess is the last one

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
guilhermemeijomil
Znuny newbie

root wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 17:37 Hi,

Pretty simple. Authentication failed with outlook.office365.com could indicate:

- wrong username
- wrong password
- access method (IMAP/POP3) not enabled for the mailbox
- not using modern authentication (OAuth 2)

My guess is the last one

- Roy
Hi Roy, thanks for answering,

I already checked username and password and the IMAP is enabled in exchange.

And also, I just checked and the modern authentication is enabled on 365 admin center.
root
Administrator

Post by root »

guilhermemeijomil wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 19:47
And also, I just checked and the modern authentication is enabled on 365 admin center.
Since your profile states you are using OTRS 3.3 have you checked that the account is available with basic authentication? Modern authentication is not supported with this version.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

guilhermemeijomil
Znuny newbie

root wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 19:55
guilhermemeijomil wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 19:47
Since your profile states you are using OTRS 3.3 have you checked that the account is available with basic authentication? Modern authentication is not supported with this version.

- Roy
Yes, I'm running the 3.3.8 version, but it was working fine untill 1 week ago with the modern authentication activated.
root
Administrator

Post by root »

guilhermemeijomil wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 21:42 ]Yes, I'm running the 3.3.8 version, but it was working fine untill 1 week ago with the modern authentication activated.
Hi,

I'm pretty sure you get it wrong. Your version does not use modern authentication, you need basic authentication. I recommend reading this: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... -p/3609437

You can re-enable basic authentication once. Besides this, you should plan and execute a migration to a version which supports modern authentication.

- Roy

guilhermemeijomil
Znuny newbie

root wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 21:48
guilhermemeijomil wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 21:42 ]Yes, I'm running the 3.3.8 version, but it was working fine untill 1 week ago with the modern authentication activated.
Hi,

I'm pretty sure you get it wrong. Your version does not use modern authentication, you need basic authentication. I recommend reading this: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... -p/3609437

You can re-enable basic authentication once. Besides this, you should plan and execute a migration to a version which supports modern authentication.

- Roy
I got it, I'm updating my OTRS version right now, thank you Roy!