Moderator: crythias

Volverine87
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 5.0.20
Company: UKWSL

Queue Limit per system

Post by Volverine87 »

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone had set up OTRS with over 400 queue? is it affecting system in any way? Our business have over 400 different contractor I'm thinking if I put then all in system as sub-queue, will it not affect performance? If anyone had any experience I would be pleased if can share experience.
lido
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.5

Re: Queue Limit per system

Post by lido »

Back in the day of OTRS v2.4 I once ran a system with about 115 different email addresses and about 120 queues or so.
Never got a performance issue although they were all relatively low volume and it's still just only about 1/4 of what you're asking.

Anyway, according to the Performance Tuning chapter on the manual, what seems to affect performance the most is the number of open tickets in the system and not really the number of queues.
Volverine87
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 5.0.20
Company: UKWSL

Re: Queue Limit per system

Post by Volverine87 »

Wow that's great currently with 1 department in OTRS we holding about 250-300 ticket open max, (and 25 different queue) adding new department account and possible all contractors they issue invoice to will create possible 450 sub-queue, but some of them might be not used in a month or so, and they might be only around 60-80 most used queue anyway, I've checked and account might have around 5000 emails per months so miles away from 60,000 opened ticket.
That information helped a lot.
Many thanks!