Moderator: crythias

Mazowinski
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS VERSION 6
Company: BRAC Finace Ltd

OTRS agent ticket article text not displayed

Post by Mazowinski »

Hello team,

I just installed apache webserver selfsigned certificate on my otrs server but now i cannot view the ticket article text content any one to advise please.
I have disabled the ssl engine but issue still persists
lido
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.5

Re: OTRS agent ticket article text not displayed

Post by lido »

Hi,

I think we're going to need some more information. What is happening exactly? The articles box show as empty? Do the email subjects and other info show up correctly?
But first of all, you should check both the apache logs and otrs logs in order to see if there are any errors there that can hint at the problem. Also check the browser's console/network inspector to detect any potential http errors that may also hint at the problem.

Also, these questions:
- Was it working before you did changes to Apache?
- Was adding a certificate the only change you've made?
- If you revert the changes back, does it start working again?
Mazowinski
Znuny newbie

Post by Mazowinski »

Hi,
The articles box show as empty. Notes for each ticket appear as do not show any text that is written in the body of the ticket.
The sender and subject info do show up correctly. i have disabled the certificate but issue persists
lido
Znuny newbie

Post by lido »

Ok, and what do the log files say? Any errors on apache or otrs logs?

And are you sure all you did was enable SSL on apache?

Because that seems as you've updated your OTRS version and didn't restore the "otrs/var/articles" folder (when OTRS is configured to use the filesystem to store the articles)
Mazowinski
Znuny newbie

Post by Mazowinski »

Hi Lido,

The articles have now reappeared when i switched the article storage location from the
Database under Kernel::System::Ticket::Article::Backend::MIMEBase::ArticleStorageDB to a file location Kernel::System::Ticket::Article::Backend::MIMEBase::ArticleStorageFS .

Seems to be working fine thanks alot
Mazowinski
Znuny newbie

Post by Mazowinski »

Hi Lido

Issues seems to have returned as i am able to view some articles for some tickets but some other ones do not show articles. Any idea on the cause of this
lido
Znuny newbie

Post by lido »

Hi,

Well, I deduced that it was probably the article storage backend that would be causing those issues. But now, if you've changed it, and some of the articles still don't show up, then I'm not really sure what can be happening. Have you tried clearing OTRS's caches and/or restarting apache and/or mysql?

Again, I'll urge you to take a look at OTRS and Apache's log files while accessing one of the tickets that have issues. The log files may give some hints about what's going wrong.