Moderator: crythias

pargatz
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.1
Company: Bliss Tech Solutions

OTRS 6: Need Tweaks for a few settings

Post by pargatz »

Hi,

I have just upgraded my OTRS 5 to OTRS 6 and need help to sort out a few things. As is everything is working fine (no show stoppers) but having the below going will be a great help in making the things faster on our side.
We are using OTRS for email tickets only and that too from customers only. No phone tickets or No Agent created tickets are created in the system

1) When the agent opens a Ticket in Ticket zoom view, the top bar shows who the email is from and date when sent with an "i" on the right side to expand to see "to,from,cc, subject fields" of the email. This is hidden by default and clicking on the "i" will expand to show the fields.
Can this expanded view be set somehow by default by all agents.

2) By default attachments with the incoming email are shown at the bottom. In otrs 5 they used to be shown at the top can we change that somehow.

3) How to have "Reply" and "Reply all" options. by default it replies all and agent has to manually remove ids

4) A lot of tickets whoe the customer id as blank, even though there is a valid email sender for the email? What could be the cause for the same.

thanks in advance.
-Pargat-
lido
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.5

Re: OTRS 6: Need Tweaks for a few settings

Post by lido »

Hi,

First of all, you should create a new theme in order to make these changes, otherwise they'll probably get overwritten when upgrading OTRS.
pargatz wrote: 1) When the agent opens a Ticket in Ticket zoom view, the top bar shows who the email is from and date when sent with an "i" on the right side to expand to see "to,from,cc, subject fields" of the email. This is hidden by default and clicking on the "i" will expand to show the fields.
Can this expanded view be set somehow by default by all agents.
To make this header always visible you have to change this file.
On line 12 add a class "MenuExpanded" and on line 32 change the class from "Hidden" to "Visible"
pargatz wrote: 2) By default attachments with the incoming email are shown at the bottom. In otrs 5 they used to be shown at the top can we change that somehow.
Still on the same file as above, move lines 178-208 to line 80 (before <div class="Content">)
pargatz wrote: 3) How to have "Reply" and "Reply all" options. by default it replies all and agent has to manually remove ids
AFAIK, when an email comes from just one person, OTRS will only show the Reply dropdown. When an email was sent and has somebody else on the CC field, then it should display both the Reply and ReplyAll dropdowns. I'm not completely sure about this tough.
pargatz wrote: 4) A lot of tickets whoe the customer id as blank, even though there is a valid email sender for the email? What could be the cause for the same.
This I have no idea why it could be happening, sorry.

Hope it helps. Good luck.
pargatz
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.1
Company: Bliss Tech Solutions

Re: OTRS 6: Need Tweaks for a few settings

Post by pargatz »

Thanks a lot for your response!! I will try these out and will update you on my success/failure.

thanks