CKEditor disable context menu/native browser spellchecker.

Moderator: crythias

kevindebie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.x

CKEditor disable context menu/native browser spellchecker.

Post by kevindebie »

I've noticed particularly Chrome's builtin spellchecker doesn't work in the CKEditor (OTRS), mostly due to it's custom context menu I have figured.
OTRS seems to have no options when it comes to this other then using something like aspell instead, but considering the builtin spellcheckers are far more then sufficient these days I don't see any real reason to use some third party tool to do this. Everybody who uses the internet knows how to work the spellchecker in Chrome and firefox.

OTRS furthermore seems to ignore the standard CKEditor configuration file. (why?)

So, right now I've "solved" the problem thusly:

In .../otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/js/Core.UI.RichTextEditor.js

I have commented out this rule:

Code: Select all

//extraPlugins: Core.Config.Get('RichText.SpellChecker') ? 'aspell,splitquote,contextmenu_linkopen,preventimagepaste' : 'splitquote,contextmenu_linkopen,preventimagepaste',
And added under that:

Code: Select all

removePlugins: 'liststyle,tabletools,scayt,menubutton,contextmenu',
At first glance, in terms of effect this does exactly what I want but I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to mess with these files, and I imagine some new RPM may overwrite this "hack" at some point when OTRS is updated.

So I was wondering if there was a more elegant way of going about achieving this?
Whoopsiedoodle.
MAKUT
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.14

Re: CKEditor disable context menu/native browser spellchecker.

Post by MAKUT »

This is exactly what i am trying to do for a while now. Thanks for this workaround!

Maybe one of the experts here got a cleaner solution but for now this will do the trick.
If well documented it shouldn't be a problem when updating OTRS as long as CKEditor won't be changed completely.
CentOS 7 - MariaDB - OTRS 5.0.14