Transition Action Pull Manager field from Customer User

Moderator: crythias

5of5
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.16
Company: Concurrent Technology Corp.

Transition Action Pull Manager field from Customer User

Post by 5of5 »

We have a manager field being imported from AD into the Customer User screen. We would like to have that field available for some of our process tickets, so we can email the manager and have them approve certain actions. When we try to assign <OTRS_CUSTOMER_DATA_UserFirstname> to a dynamic field in a transition action, it does not work.

So I guess there are two questions to ask.

1. Is it even possible to assign <OTRS_CUSTOMER_DATA_*> values to a dynamic field in a transition action?

2. Is there a better way to accomplish getting manager approvals for process tickets? Maybe thru ticket notifications?
nedmaj
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 6.3.4
Company: Câmara dos Deputados

Re: Transition Action Pull Manager field from Customer User

Post by nedmaj »

Please take a look at Ticket -> Core::Ticket DynamicFieldFromCustomerUser::Mapping and Ticket::EventModulePost###950-DynamicFieldFromCustomerUser.

I think that can be of help.
Samuel

Znuny 6.3.4 | OTRS 5.0.17
Database: Postgres | Oracle 12.1
Number of agents: 450 | Number of customers: 20000 | Number of CIs: 30000
5of5
Znuny newbie

Post by 5of5 »

I don't fully understand how the mapping works. Here is our current setup in the sysconfig, the transition action setup, and what is showing up in the process ticket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

Du müsstest das Dynamic Field angeben

<OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_CustomerFirstName>

oder

<OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_CustomerManager>

... denke ich ;)

viele Grüße
Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
5of5
Znuny newbie

Post by 5of5 »

Thank you very much nedmaj & wurzel for your quick responses. I think I have to clarify exactly what we are trying to do, and where I am stuck. I am very confused as to how this all works, and any help is greatly appreciated.

1. We pull in our customer users from LDAP and would like to access those fields in a process ticket. The fields from the customer user are seen in the first screen shot.
Customer User.PNG
2. I would like the data from the customer user fields to show on the process ticket and be available so that we can use the field in our process. This screen shot is showing how I am trying to display the field for testing purposes.
Process display.PNG
3. Here is where I am trying to assign the customer user field in a transition action within my process ticket. This is where I am starting to get tripped up. I would think that the system would let me pull the customer user data since I have a customer assigned to the ticket.
Transition Action.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5of5
Znuny newbie

Post by 5of5 »

Looks like I ran out of space on my last post. Here is the rest.

4. Here is where I am totally confused. I am not sure what I am supposed to put in these two sections. For the DynamicFieldFromCustomerUser:Mapping I am not sure what to put in the key's and content sections. Here is our mapping for ldap and otrs in the config.pm, and I have included the sysconfig screen shot.
config ldap field mapping.PNG
Dynamic field sysconfig.PNG
nedmaj
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 6.3.4
Company: Câmara dos Deputados

Post by nedmaj »

Hi 5of5,

First of all, forget item 3. You don't need that anyway. This tag doesn't work in this context. It was meant to the notifications context.

Second, forget item 2. You won't be able to show the DynamicField_GlobalTestManager value that way. Instead, try to customize something to show that extra customer field (CustomerManager), perhaps just like the customer fields at the bottom right corner of the ticket zoom page.

Third, about item 4, if you add extra fields, you should follow the instructions (alter table etc...) available in:

http://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/5. ... backend-db
Samuel

Znuny 6.3.4 | OTRS 5.0.17
Database: Postgres | Oracle 12.1
Number of agents: 450 | Number of customers: 20000 | Number of CIs: 30000
5of5
Znuny newbie

Post by 5of5 »

:D Thank you to everyone that helped me with this. I attached a step-by-step PDF of how we accomplished pulling the extra data from LDAP into a dynamic field that can be used for a process ticket. :D